DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cable specs

Fred Lewis

Reactions
I bought an holder for my phone for my Mavic Air. The company said I should use a 9" cable to connect the android phone to the remote. I don't know how to specify the cable I need. HELP? Also does anyone know of a source....Thanks

It depends on what type of cable your phone takes. It would take either a microUSB or possibly USB-C, with the other end going to the standard USB port on the bottom of the controller.

Other factors hide in there too.
What phone, what you may use to hold the phone to the controller.
Some just attach the phone to the controller and some use something like the mavmount.
I’ve been using a 12 inch length because I use an iPad mini with a holder.
If you’re using just the phone/controller, 9 inch works fine.

... I don't know how to specify the cable I need. HELP?...
You need to specify a USB data (not charge only) cable with the correct connection for your phone. A right-angle phone connector also is preferred if your holder will allow clearance for it. For cable length you could route some string where the cable would go and measure it. In the mean time, just use the data cable that came with your phone and wrap the extra around the holder post if it has one. Remember to unplug the short cable from the side of the RC.

Reactions: Thomas B
This is the cable I purchased from Amazon.co.uk [USB C charging Cable TecMad USB Type-c3.0 Sync&Data 90 Degree Plug Nylon Braided Cable for MATE 20/P20, Nexus 5X, Samsung note 9 S9, Nexus 6P,DJI Mavic Pro Drone and More Type-C Devices-/0.25m Grey: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories] to go from the USB-A port in the base of my RC Controller, to the USB-C (data/charging) port on my Android phone.
61RgA0D5AGL._SL1500_.jpg... IMG_20181124_095144.jpg

Product description on Amazon reads as follows:
USB C charging Cable TecMad USB Type-c3.0 Sync&Data 90 Degree Plug Nylon Braided Cable

Why genuine issued so short length?
is length detrimental?
When drone is cabled into s8, shorter length 3" offloads the sixtyfour gb mp4's significantly quicker than genuine issued cable fitted with gender reduction into usbC (both ends)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929