DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cable suggestions? Cable issues? Connection not reliable.

Skytex83

Reactions
Does anyone know if you can use your laptop instead of your smart phone for your drone? I've got the M2Z and it would be so convinent to use the laptop instead plus the usb to usb would be nice.

On another note, one of the reasons I ask is that I seem to lose connectivity very often between the phone and remote using either a usb-usb c cable or the included micro usb to usb c cable. I need some way to have more stable connectivity.

Also randomly it seems like the drone loses video signal to the controller. It may be part of the cable issue or maybe not, I don't know. I'm just trying to get my mavic to be more reliable.

First, many of us use a tablet rather than a phone.

I've not heard of anyone using an laptop. It seems to me that it would hamper mobility, as you would have to have a platform (such as a table) for the laptop to sit on. You can't hold the laptop and also work the controller, but you can get a mount for a lightweight / smaller tablet.

Also, several of us (at least, with the standard controller) use an aftermarket USB cable (longer) that goes from the tablet to the lower USB-A port on the bottom of the standard controller. Part of the reason is that the side port is fragile and when it breaks, it's an expensive fix. Plus, the bottom USB port is full sized, more robust.

I have no disconnection issues using a tablet cabled to the bottom USB port.

Chris

The laptop will need to be able to run the appropriate DJI control software. With Apple, that is not possible yet. I have never heard of anyone successful with the Android version.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots