DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cached Maps, any new updates/info?

thead

Reactions
Just checking if anybody knows any new info or an update that allows you to cache a map to your tablet. then shut off tablet and have the map still there the next time you fly. When I try it the cached map is gone. Im going on vacation in a week and I probably wont have any wifi for my tablet and would like to cache the maps before I leave. ;)

I'm on an ipad mini 4 (wifi only).
The following works for me: go to the Maps app, zoom in and scroll around the area I'm going to fly in (to make sure the map tiles are cached) and then exit the Maps app.
I can turn off wifi, reboot the device and then go to DJI GO and the map (sat image) is there.

The android App "DJI Ultimate Flight" has the ability to load KMZ maps.

I just tried it to make sure I was right and actually you don't need to do the maps thing. Just scroll around the area you want to fly with DJI GO, then wifi off, device off. I imagine the size of the cache is probably variable depending on how much ram you have on your device.

Im on android and the cached map doesn't have any detail when I turn tablet back on. when I zoom in its all blurry, maybe apple app is better at caching maps than android.
I will look into the DJI Ultimate Flight app, but I was trying to get the GO app to cache maps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear