DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

cached maps

fxsales1959

Reactions
hello ,Me again,
getting ready to drop coin on a wifi ipad mini5. one question i may not need the asnwer to, but am curious. if i go to a place 50 miles out in the everglased and cache the map on my djigo app. how does the device know where i'm at to find the right cached map. is there some sort of met-adata in google maps to lock the correct map in? also, if I cache a map does it cache both satellite and street view versions?

Last edited:
hello ,Me again,
getting ready to drop coin on a wifi ipad mini5. one question i may not need the asnwer to, but am curious. if i go to a place 50 miles out in the everglased and cache the map on my djigo app. how does the device know where i'm at to find the right cached map. is there some sort of met-adata in google maps to lock the correct map in? also, if I cache a map does it cache both satellite and street view versions?

I believe the app uses the gps of drone to establish the home point and what map to bring up.
Cache maps only shows one or the other, satellite or street view, best use hybrid if you want both.

Read my reply on your other post.
The Fly app does not allow you to save a cached map. Other apps, when you cache a map, you save it under a specified name, can’t do that with the Fly app. If you close the app or turn off you’re device, you loose the map you just cached.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan