DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Caineville Mesa, an Epic Desert Climb through a Magical & Surreal Snow Frosted Landscape

Karlewski

Reactions
This little know desolate aea in Central Utah was AMAZING! A Stunning Hike & Climb over mud dunes and up a steep mesa deposited me inside a crown of towers were a weaved my way up to the summit from inside a "hanging slot canyon."Very Cool! Lots of cool drone footage!

Very spectacular scenery there Karl and wherever you looked it came out great.

Fabulous adventure Karl! Glad that you were able to get up there and back down on one day. That's one of my favorites areas of Utah. While I have not done the climbing that you have, I did spend many trips photographing the Bentonite Hills nearby with my drone. Check out my website. Good video editing here , and kudos to your partner who so well stayed out of the picture.

This little know desolate aea in Central Utah was AMAZING! A Stunning Hike & Climb over mud dunes and up a steep mesa deposited me inside a crown of towers were a weaved my way up to the summit from inside a "hanging slot canyon."Very Cool! Lots of cool drone footage!
Hi Karl,
I am gobsmacked Karl! The landscapes, towers, canyons are simply breathtaking and of an incredible beauty! I wondered what it looked like there a hundred thousand ago. Watched two videos. Mystey towers and North Chaineville Mesa!
As always, very excitingly done and the perfectly fitting music chosen. Great compliments Karl, I was very well entertained, thank, all the best and have fun in the next adventures! And always be careful my friend 😉🍀
cheers, Paul

Translated with DeepL

As always, especially enjoy the opening composites from Google and your drone shots. Very cool....looks like lots of work.
And really liked the shots of the gray marine shale erosional patterns. Very abstract looking..........

Karl- you never cease to amaze and fill me with awe. This was a spectacular climb and video.

Dale
Miami

Great views all around! Nature sure knows how to show off. Thanks for making the trip to let us see it!

Super glad you guys could come along, for me this was a relatively short solo trip, an afternoon to climb and shoot. The camera sways in the wind, no-one else was there. Mounted on a small tripod with a rock on the legs, legs could be stiffer. . .At the start of the climb the tripod fell off a super steep mud hill, amazingly stoped 20 feet down. OMG, I could barely get to it and back up almost sliding away several times! It would have been safe enough to slide away and avoid tumbling but not ideal. . . . long hike back up. I did run a bit on lower hills, the clay was so soft and I was full of energy and excitement after being coop up from recent freezing & wet weather.
I purposely planned the timing of this climb so I could get the sunset on the descent but, being sure to be past the tough parts before darkness got too close. I did run down a bunch on the smoother steep sections, the soft mud made it easy to slide/shuffle/run fast and comfortably. I could see the setting sun heading for a break in the clouds so I dashed down to the lower hills hoping to capture the display that indeed arrived, it was a magic moment but only lasted 5 minutes till the sun was gone.
It went from perfect climbing temps. .. 50-60F on the south side to 30F's on the north side (4" of snow too) and the top with some wind! Flying was challenging being that cold, bare hands froze quick.
I'll be back there for sure, I found an other route on the "South Mesa" that is touted as being amazing as well. . . .
Cheers and Thank You My Friends!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr