DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calculation of maximum subject size

rcm

Reactions
Hi. My trigonometry is not very good so I was wondering if someone could let me know what would be the size (length and breadth) on the ground that would be photographed with the Mavic 2 Pro at 120 metres (394 feet) above ground level? Wanting to know this so can work out what would be included when looking to use Google Earth to identify possible interesting locations.

Hi. My trigonometry is not very good so I was wondering if someone could let me know what would be the size (length and breadth) on the ground that would be photographed with the Mavic 2 Pro at 120 metres (394 feet) above ground level?
Close to 500 x 332 ft

Hi. My trigonometry is not very good so I was wondering if someone could let me know what would be the size (length and breadth) on the ground that would be photographed with the Mavic 2 Pro at 120 metres (394 feet) above ground level? Wanting to know this so can work out what would be included when looking to use Google Earth to identify possible interesting locations.

About 8,700 ft horizontal by 4,300 ft vertical

Grons: That is quite a disparity in calculations. :) I attempted to calculate the dimensions and came in much closer to Meta4's so I'm curious if you both did the same method and, whether I was way off base with mine.

KB

PS. Glad you're posting again, dude.

KB I used those numbers based on a recent shoot where I shot a few lots for someone; and I believe I captured 4 AC wide with 2 AC deep. at 400 ft high. I may be off on those calculators? An acre square is only 2150 lineal ft by 2150 ft

I could be way off but I was under the assumption that the lots I shot were a full acre

depends on if there was any zoom in play, also, at almost 400 feet, I want to believe the frame would be much bigger than 500' x 332'
The OP could just take his mavic to that altitude over a large space, and by looking at the screen, walk to each corner of the frame and mark it. (you would have to do at least three.) then measure between the marks.

Thank you to all who responded - much appreciated and will be very useful for an upcoming shoot.

Thanks for that - will also be useful for other photography work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy