DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calibrate compass problem

swarfy

Reactions
Hi people I have had my mavic a few weeks now and flown in my garden in beginner mode and had to calibrate the compass first time but was ok for a couple of very short flights .yesterday I tried again and got calibrate compass required which I did I though maybe its because of metal in the garden so today I took her to the foreshore where it asked again to calibrate compass which I did again I flew for 20 minutes then changed battery when it was flying the warning to calibrate compass came up yet again any ideas whats happening ? I have put a carbon wrap on it since the first flights could it be that or has it got a problem ,also when changing battery should I power the control off till the battery is changed or is it ok to leave on ? cheers in advance Mick

Just searched And saw that I'm not looking at it correctly it's not red so it's ok ,should of searched first .doh still wondering about battery change though but I presume as the drone is the last on and first off I just swap and restart the drone. ?

It is a good practice to leave your controller on while changing the batteries between two flights. At least that was your question right? Your controller is the first to switch on and last thing to shut off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78