DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calibrate vision sensors!

Duggy

Reactions
MA1, 1 year old, told me to calibrate vision sensors. Has got to be done on a computer, dusted mine off and tried to remember how to turn it on! Eventually downloaded assistant 2, fairly easy to recalibrate, success! Two questions. 1, This warning shown after fitting strobe to underside battery ( not very near to sensors. Still showing after removal of strobe) the cause? 2, is it normal for the vision sensors to occasionally need calibrating? Not a life or death question but thanks in advance for any feedback ?

My M2Z suddenly asked for it after 2 years of flying it. All cameras looked clean.
Warning wouldn't go away until I did the calibration, though it flew just fine.

Other strange thing is I forgot to put back the SD card, but recorded to oblivion as if a card was there. It wasn't until I came home and double checked the vision issue that it prompted if I wanted to use internal storage. No files in internal storage.

Hi, I have a MA2 and my drone suffered a coup trying to avoid an obstacle. Now it flies normally, I can take a picture or film, but I can’t move the camera. It’s anybody who knows it must remove the gimbal, or only the cable from gimbal to camera. Can I make this operation by myself or it’s recommended to make it with dji representation. Excuse for my English, I am from a country in Europe.

Reactions: Lespaxvera
Hi, I have a MA2 and my drone suffered a coup trying to avoid an obstacle. Now it flies normally, I can take a picture or film, but I can’t move the camera. It’s anybody who knows it must remove the gimbal, or only the cable from gimbal to camera. Can I make this operation by myself or it’s recommended to make it with dji representation. Excuse for my English, I am from a country in Europe.
Here is a tear down video, you make the call on your skill set..if not send it to DJI. :)

Youre lucky you can at least load the DJI Assistant App! I have a Mac with up to date OS and it is not possible. After wasting a ton of time unsuccessfully trying to load the app, I wound up sending the drone in to DJI and it needed $263 worth of work to fix the actual problem.

I got the warning on my M2Z last weekend. I used 3 different PC's attempting Calibration. My first attempt I was able to Calibrate only the front sensors. DJI said my screen was too big. I then tried 2 other PC's in the house and nothing worked. My M2Z is on the way to Grapevine, Texas. I'm still in Warranty.

Sensor calibration is picky about screen size/resolution. It wouldn't work on my 15" laptop, which despite the size is only 720p as many laptops are.
I have 22" 1080p monitors on my PC that work.

I need to try my 25" 2.3k monitors.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Sensor calibration is picky about screen size/resolution. It wouldn't work on my 15" laptop, which despite the size is only 720p as many laptops are.
I have 22" 1080p monitors on my PC that work.

I need to try my 25" 2.3k monitors.

Sensor calibration has always worked on my 15" MacBook Pro. It's higher resolution though (2880x1800).

I got this message the other day when cranking up the Mavic 2 Pro. I still flew the drone and afterwards checked the internet for further info. Installing DJI's Assistant app is a bit flaky. Trying to move your drone around to calibrate it while pointing at your computer screen is somewhat simple. You really need a long USB to Drone cable when doing this. With the cable I had I needed to start over a few times for some of the sensors. My biggest question is why does this suddenly come up that these vision sensors need to be calibrated? Never had to do it on my Phantom 4 Pro. Looking at most of the posts on this subject out here it would appear that this problem just started in 2020. Does DJI have a software problem that was introduced in 2020?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji