DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CALIBRATING IMU - NOT DOING ANYTHING

My controller will tell me not to launch until my IMU has calibrated, then calibrates same. Is this same calibration as mentioned in this tread?

My controller will tell me not to launch until my IMU has calibrated, then calibrates same. Is this same calibration as mentioned in this tread?

The IMU initializes before every flight. That's different from calibration.

Calibration only takes a minute, and it's peace of mind if you just don't know for sure. I would rather know for sure that it's perfectly calibrated rather than Hope it is. We all know how "Hope" works out any way, huh. Just because it flies Ok doesn't confirm it's calibrated perfectly. My phantom 4A IMU was way off when I received it.

Calibration only takes a minute, and it's peace of mind if you just don't know for sure. I would rather know for sure that it's perfectly calibrated rather than Hope it is. We all know how "Hope" works out any way, huh. Just because it flies Ok doesn't confirm it's calibrated perfectly. My phantom 4A IMU was way off when I received it.

Just because you just calibrated it doesn't mean it's calibrated perfectly. You are not likely to do a better job than DJI did.

If it doesn't fly as steady as you think it should, land the Mavic, turn it off, turn it back on and allow it to initialize again. If it is still not steady, then think about IMU calibration.

Does anyone know what to do if IMU nor compass don't calibrate at all?
Mine recently crashed so I'm not surprised. However I'm wondering whether there is something I can do to fix it.

I'm also getting a lot of error messages such as, 3No. ESC Error, Accelerometer Failure, Gyroscope Error, Aircraft Motor Overload, etc.

Has anyone else ever been in a similar situation and sent it in for repair? Is it worth fixing it or buying a new one as my camera is a goner as well :/

Any help is much appreciated :)

When I do an imu calibration on my Mavic pro the gimbal hits the drone and causes a little bit of a grinding vibration is there anything I can do to stop that?

When I do an imu calibration on my Mavic pro the gimbal hits the drone and causes a little bit of a grinding vibration is there anything I can do to stop that?
Maybe your IMU calibration didn't go so well.

But then you may need to calibrate gimbal. I found one time that I had to put gimbal where it thought it needed to be (centering up the blue ball) and then it straightened out.

I did my IMU once because of a tilt issues from the gimbal (did not help).
You should do a IMU calibration always after you hit something. Even a small hit.
Calibration of compass when you change environment.
That's what the manual says, that's what I do.
Try not to hit anything in the first place though.

Is it better when you have a bigger green section in the sensors?

My compass1 had a bigger green section than compass2 and it seems to have lessened the yaw drift a little bit. They are about the same green section now after recalibrating.

Also there was something about the compass would girate around if you accelerated from east or west.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial