DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calibrating Vision Sensors Error Message on Smart Controller

MRomine

Reactions
Tried to take off for a job that I am working on this afternoon and the Smart Controller that I am using tells that I can not take off becasue my Vision Sensors need to be calibrated with the DJI Assistant.

So I return home and connect my Mavic 2 Pro to my iMac and launch the DJI Assistant. It tells me that I have the current Firmware installed is: V01.00.0670 on the drone.

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6, DJI Assistant version: Mac V2.0.14

Trying to calibrate on a 5K iMax. Screen resolution is 5120 x 2880

I click on the calibration tab in the left hand menu. I get the following imessage. Can not detect screen size. So I enter the screen size, 27". Then I clcik the Recalibrate button.

The calibration window opens and I get these instructions:

1.) Hold the aircraft with it's Forward Vision Cameras facing the screen.

2.) Adjust the distance between the aircraft and the screen to align the red box with the green.

Here lies the problem, I do not get a red or green box to align.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thank you so much! Unplugged my dual display and I was able to get the targets to display and work. I was able to get through the calibration of the Front, rear and bottom sensors but the side sensor became very erritic and would not track properly. Finally gave up. The DJI software has always been a hit or miss when using on Macs.

Can't comment on PC's, but with Macs most problems with sensor calibration seem to stem from the display size and resolution. Also, it seems anyone using a dual or more display setup will need to switch off the extra display(s) to have any hope at all of success. I began my multitude of attempts at calibration with a dual display set-up (32" Apple Cinema HD/27" 2020 Imac) with zero success. I worked my way through various screen size options, but never got beyond a greyed-out 'begin calibration' button and the eternally spinning 'wheel of death'. So I trawled the forums and, following advice, shut down the larger display. I thought this would solve it, but still I had no luck on the 27" Imac even running alone. on most occasions I did manage to get to the black dots calibration stage, only to find the tiniest movement of the drone would cause the calibration process to report an error and restart.

I then tried a 13" Macbook Air and thought I had cracked it when it got me right through the process before, agonisingly, telling me at the end the calibration had failed.

Finally I resorted to an old 2011 21" Imac (OS Sierra) and to my untold relief it worked immediately and reported that the drone had been successfully calibrated.

Perhaps DJI, who have remained steadfastly unhelpful on this issue, are hoping all Mavic drone users have a houseful of different sized Macs and displays to work their way through until they find one that works.

Yes, I think the reason this issue has become such a mess for some people is that the causes seem to be for a combination of reasons and can be unpredictable, including screen size. For example, my 27" iMac asked me to enter my own screen res., but on later attempts seemed to detect the screen size ok. Same with the Macbook Air, except the Air stopped recognizing the screen size only after several attempts. For me, it seemed once the app asked me to enter the screen size, that would be game over, as there was no screen res/size I could enter in any form that would be accepted.

I'm sure it's on their 'to do list', but DJI really need to sort it soon.

Finally got it to work after disconnecting one of the displays and making multiple attempts.

Reactions: Thomas B
DJI support on this issue is terrible! I have a laptop with 2 other external monitors. It is a Dell Alienware M15 with a 15.6“ screen. I tried calibration on just the laptop screen, then the 23” Acer Monitor, then the 27” Acer monitor. I did shut off both external monitors. I spoke with one Dji rep that did not know how to fix this And she escalated it to next level which takes 24 to 48 hours to get a response. The second DJI rep I got when I called back in said on a scale of 1-10, she was an 11 that what she told me would solve the problem. She told me to change screen resolution to 1440 x 900, then re-boot and it would work. It did not. I have re-calibrated at least 6 times and each time I get this message after the complete re-calibration…. See picture. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Attachments

• IMG_2964.jpeg
    IMG_2964.jpeg
    7.1 MB · Views: 1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1