DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

calibration failure at 68%

neokill175

Reactions
I recently got a mavic pro.
I went through the IMU and compass calibration fine.
my problem is the gimbal calibration failure at 68% every time.
I have downgraded my firmware and re updated several time, but no prevail. failing at 68% every time. the camera just looks up and shakes a few times everytime at 68%.

the only time when the gimbal calibration would be completed is if i flip the drone vertically and move it back and forth when it get stuck at 68%.

I dont know if this is a cheap fix and this would mean my drone is more prone to future gimbal problems?

other than the failed calibration, it doesnt seem to have any other problem when i flew it a few minutes in my backyard.

What does it do when you turn it on? The only way you would know that the calibration is only getting to 68% is by doing a gimbal calibration, but you didn't mention you did that.

If you bought it new, you should return it and get a different one.

after its turned on, it does the self gimbal check. i didnt notice any obstructions.
i do the auto gimbal calibration after i do IMU and compass calibration. and the auto gimbal calibration fails at 68%.
i bought the mavic pro at target, i did try to exchange for a different unit, but the only store that has it instock near me is open box, and i dont feel safe gambling with an open box unit.

after its turned on, it does the self gimbal check. i didnt notice any obstructions.
i do the auto gimbal calibration after i do IMU and compass calibration. and the auto gimbal calibration fails at 68%.
i bought the mavic pro at target, i did try to exchange for a different unit, but the only store that has it instock near me is open box, and i dont feel safe gambling with an open box unit.

Can you get a refund? You can order it straight from DJI or other reseller.

Can you get a refund? You can order it straight from DJI or other reseller.
that is the last resort. also because i saved a little bit with my target card.
which is why im wondering if it's a problem keeping it at 68% calibration failure

that is the last resort. also because i saved a little bit with my target card.
which is why im wondering if it's a problem keeping it at 68% calibration failure

Please take a short video of the gimbal at startup. Yes it is a problem if the gimbal doesnt calibrate. In the worst case, it could have a damaged gimbal motor (pitch, roll or yaw motor) which could cause the whole gimbal motor assembly to overheat, and your drone could start smoking as the gimbal ribbon cable starts to fry. Seen it many times. Then you will be at the mercy of DJI, with a warranty claim, take them a few weeks to send you a drone back (if they dont blame the damage on you), and you will be in the same place you are now, but lost all that flying time.

If you dont want to buy from DJI because you are saving some money from Target, maybe try returning that one and ordering it from Target online, and have it delivered.

Online is easy with Target. You would have it in a week (if you are the lower 48):

DJI Mavic Pro Drone - Gray (8138064)

Good news. I went from 31% to completed calibration. The ribbon cables obstructed the gimbal movement. I had to replace the ribbon cable after a crash. When I assembled back the gimbal, inadvertently, I witched the two external plates that protect the cables. The plates are slight different. One is shorter than the other. The shorter one has an extension to protect the cable behind the camera. The longer plate is rectangular and goes, as you face the camera, on the left side covering the motor. Also, it is possible that the ribbon cable was twisted one loop more than needed, reducing the length and putting pressure on the gimbal restricting the movement.
If the craft is new, it is possible that it was assembled incorrectly in the factory. If not by what I mentioned above, by restricting the movement with the cable.
Check that the plates are not pressing the cables and that they are in the right place. Safe Flights!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman