DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calibrations

Raptorman

Reactions
The only thing I can find in the manual under the heading "Calibration" is the compass calibration and vision system, but we also have an IMU and Gimbal that might need calibration. With my two previous drones, the Inspire 1 Pro and the P4P they both needed to have the IMU and Gimbal calibrated and I made a calibration table using wood that was made as flat as possible and then three screws to level the table using an accurate/precision level. If the IMU is not calibrated well the camera horizon could be off and that's something I really hope to avoid. With the I1P the horizon would sometimes get a bit off but the P4P was pretty rock steady and it only got off temporarily after aggressive flying and once you calmed down it would come back to level.

So, what's the deal with IMU and Gimbal calibration with the MA2?

Brian

The only thing I can find in the manual under the heading "Calibration" is the compass calibration and vision system, but we also have an IMU and Gimbal that might need calibration. With my two previous drones, the Inspire 1 Pro and the P4P they both needed to have the IMU and Gimbal calibrated and I made a calibration table using wood that was made as flat as possible and then three screws to level the table using an accurate/precision level. If the IMU is not calibrated well the camera horizon could be off and that's something I really hope to avoid. With the I1P the horizon would sometimes get a bit off but the P4P was pretty rock steady and it only got off temporarily after aggressive flying and once you calmed down it would come back to level.

So, what's the deal with IMU and Gimbal calibration with the MA2?

Brian
IMU, Gimbal and Compass calibrations are all available for the MA2. I ran all three today and they worked fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya