DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU callibration issue on 1st flight

To be fair, the video’s only been on YouTube for a week
Oh good, that makes me feel better since I started looking since MA2 was announced ?

Reactions: CFWB
I did the same thing calibrating IMU after about 5 min i looked closer and noticed i had to move the drone around. With your RTH make sure you hover so it can map the area under it mine it always perfect i go up slow and let it hover for a min

Reactions: 4score
I went out this morning to practice in a parking lot more and was mad as hell because my aircraft wouldn't connect....arrrgh!!!
I was about to break everything down to come home and ask you guys what the hell is going on ...and then noticed...oops, I guess I should plug my phone into the controller ?
Anyway, after doing a few quick shots it was getting hot here in the desert so I hit RTH and it missed the homepoint by a good 10 feet.
I only let it hover for about 20 seconds after takeoff so I'll give it a full minute tomorrow right after I do both calibrations and see if that helps.

• Haha
Reactions: InvisibleName
Look at the picture of the drone and do exactly the way its pictured
Do you mean when doing the IMU calibration?
That was discussed above, I just didn't notice it had changed...but will try to be more observant from now on :)

Do you mean when doing the IMU calibration?
That was discussed above, I just didn't notice it had changed...but will try to be more observant from now on :)
Yes I did same thing but relized the picture changed and didnt see it, soon as I positioned it.... vola, should Imu in a open field away from any metal or towers, let me know

When you take off, ascend to 30 feet above your launch pad, then wait about 15-30 seconds, that should give the Air2 time to cement in its memory your take off point. As for the glasses and the memory, with you on both counts... no worries, we'll all run across this as we age gracefully!

Yes I did same thing but relized the picture changed and didnt see it, soon as I positioned it.... vola, should Imu in a open field away from any metal or towers, let me know

Best to do the IMU calibration on a table in your house, most smart phones have a ruler/level app in them, check to see that its truly level, then follow the graphics as they change.

Compass calibration should be out in the open away from all metal, some will say even your loose change and belt buckle should be left aside for this, turn off all the Blutooth and wifi stuff in your mobile device when calibrating compass too.

turn off all the Blutooth and wifi stuff in your mobile device when calibrating compass too.
good to know, haven't heard that one.

turn off all the Blutooth and wifi stuff in your mobile device when calibrating compass too.
good to know, haven't heard that one.
The belt buckle thing can be dangerous, you may lose your pants... this is what trackpants are for! LOL

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer