DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

California's Death Valley and Carizzo Plain

Yes seems like another world.
Am I the only one seeing a change from crisp bright scenes for 35 seconds to soft blur after that?
I just watched it and you are absolutely right. I think if you hit the title at the top that links it to You Tube direct, it solves the problem (mostly). It is You Tube, so degradation is the rule, especially with heavily color graded stuff like these clips.

You do know that flying in a national park is illegal don't you? Might think twice about posting the evidence.

I am really getting fed up by the outlaws myself.

Thanks to them, we are finding it more difficult to find places to fly.

Reactions: BluecornNM
The Carizzo Plain National Monument is administered by the BLM, not the NPS. Drone operation is OK in BLM areas.

yes and except for the few people who go to Furnace Creek, Scotty's and a few souls on weekends at Zabriski no one has a clue what a beautiful place Death Valley is. It's a shame that one can't fly a drone there. Not allowing drones in National Parks is crazy to begin with. I hold a remote pilot certificate and I'm well aware of the rules

Reactions: sdold
The Carizzo Plain National Monument is administered by the BLM, not the NPS. Drone operation is OK in BLM areas.
Very interesting. Thank you. I just learned something. Any idea how these things are devised between NPS and BLM?

I wrote a song to fit these Other Worldly landscape icons. Please clik the title at the top of the frame to get better resolution. Thanks for watching!
Quite good. I find this view somewhat disorients me and makes me feel alien. Reminds me of the high Arctic of Canada in summer too...

I wrote a song to fit these Other Worldly landscape icons. Please clik the title at the top of the frame to get better resolution. Thanks for watching!
Absolutely loved the footage, the editing, the flying and the music! Wow!

Wow, that's a nice video, thanks for posting! Nice job on everything, music, editing, the whole thing.

Thanks for sharing. Surprised at how much water in a desert plain. Of course the one time I was a death valley it rained (1 of the 16 days a year it rains there.) Great flying.

I had just recently visited Death Valley myself, and it was far more beautiful than I expected. I did not fly there as I believed it was prohibited, being a National Park I've heard that if you get caught you can lose the drone (confiscated) and face very heavy fines. If you check KittyHawk, you will find that Death Valley is listed as a National Park and flying is prohibited. I never heard of the distinction between sites that are managed by NPS vs BLM. I do not believe the rules make a difference, and so I still believe that you are not allowed to fly there. That said, I did check out Carizzo Plain National Monument and it is a Let's Fly Zone in KittyHawk, so I guess it is OK to fly there. Part of the issue is that the title of the video posted includes Death Valley. Are the dunes that are shown in the 1st part of the video from Death Valley National Park, or are they also from the Carizzo Plain National Monument. If the latter, why is Death Valley in the video title??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure