DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Calvert Vaux Park, Brooklyn | WHENEVER YOU CALL | Project Arjun

projectarjun

Reactions

Pilot Log: Finally, I had an opportunity to fly in New York City. Calvert Vaux Park is one of 5 locations in which drone operators can fly within the City of New York. Though cold, conditions were ideal overall, adequate sunlight with mild wind gusts. The music featured in this video is a perfect choice. One can arguably say that New York City is a place where people from all walks of life pursue their passion. The city is vital to the surrounding metropolitan area. The city cannot exist without its people and New Yorkers rely on the city's existence, especially with the many aspects you see within this flight, i.e., Verrazano Bridge, Coney Island, New York City's Subway System, The Belt Parkway, Staten Island, and the city's Skyline in the distance (from Downtown Brooklyn to Long Island City to Manhattan Island to Jersey City). Even when people struggle, they overcome their adversities by reaching out to the many resources the city has to offer. Technical: This flight was filmed in DLOG-M; the video clips were edited in post using a LUT created by @DroneSupremacy Special thanks to @DroneSupremacy for his awesome work. I did not see the need to use an ND filter in this flight - opted for a UV filter instead. Filming Location: Calvert Vaux Park, Brooklyn, New York Filming Date: Saturday, November 25, 2023Track Title: Whenever You Call (2019) Artist: KOLIDESCOPES Humble Angel Dance Viewer Tips: Watch in 4K, wear headphones, and sit back and relax. | Project Arjun | FAA Part 107 Certified Follow Me on Instagram @ project_arjun

Last edited:
Nice video. Just a tad dark in places. Thanks for sharing

• Love
Reactions: projectarjun
Nice video. Just a tad dark in places. Thanks for sharing
Thank you @GFields Lighting could have been better, but there was some notable overcast this morning

Reactions: GFields
I must stress that this flight was filmed in DLOG-M; the video clips were edited in post using a LUT created by @DroneSupremacy Special thanks to @DroneSupremacy for his awesome work. I did not see the need to use an ND filter in this flight - opted for a UV filter instead.

This just goes to show what a great video of New York City someone can take...and stay within the confines of NYC regulations...well done, Arjun👍...the one surprise is the ramp from the Verrazzano Narrows Bridge...I don't ever remember seeing it with no traffic since it opened 59 years ago 😂

This just goes to show what a great video of New York City someone can take...and stay within the confines of NYC regulations...well done, Arjun👍...the one surprise is the ramp from the Verrazzano Narrows Bridge...I don't ever remember seeing it with no traffic since it opened 59 years ago 😂
Thank you for your feedback @MARK (LI) Flying in the city definitely has its own set of challenges. There was a moment where I almost lost connection with the drone itself - lots of noise and wireless interference within the city confines - thank goodness for 46 minute battery life.

The strobe light definitely helps keeping tracking of drone, especially the Fire Arc V strobe lights - highly recommend them.

The Air 3 is shockingly quiet in the air - definitely does not draw in spectators, a plus for a mid-sized drone.

Last edited:
Reactions: MARK (LI)
Thank you all for the feedback :)

Well done! Glad to hear there are places to fly there. From what I hear from the news (consider the source) NYC seems to be anti-a lot of things.

• Love
Reactions: projectarjun
Well done! Glad to hear there are places to fly there. From what I hear from the news (consider the source) NYC seems to be anti-a lot of things.
I have to reply to that perception.......simply put ....New York City did not get the reputation of being the greatest City in the wold by being anti .....most rules, laws, regulations that are anti anything are for the greater good and protection of 8 million inhabitants

Reactions: Prop Wash
I have to reply to that perception.......simply put ....New York City did not get the reputation of being the greatest City in the wold by being anti .....most rules, laws, regulations that are anti anything are for the greater good and protection of 8 million inhabitants
Not arguing about anything you said regarding NYC. As I stated above, "From what I hear from the news (consider the source)...." For me, if came from the news, I take it with a grain of salt. I live on the West coast so I'm sure residents of the East Coast 'hear' about things about California that may not be completely accurate.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas