DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera Damage

krimz88

Reactions
Hi,

I've recently taken a few shots with my Mavic 2 Pro and noticed on the last 2 flights that there is a purple shade/line at the bottom of my photos. Any ideas what is causing this?

I'm hoping I do not have to take it back?

Attachments

• DJI_0616.jpg
    DJI_0616.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 115
Maybe it is from the front LED lights. The Auto-off during shooting setting might have changed during the update.

Last edited:
What were your exact camera settings and what did you do in post processing? Is that straight out of the camera? Is the original image RAW or JPEG?

To me that looks like one of two things:

1)That looks exactly like an image where you tried to raise the shadows WAY too much, which would also explain why it's only on the bottom part of time image where the shadows are deepest and would also give you horizontal banding which I also see.

2) It also looks like sensor blooming, which can happen at really high ISOs or really long exposures. The Exposure is 2.5 seconds which isn't too bad - could be light bleed.

I suspect nothing is wrong with your sensor. The color cast is one thing (could be light bleed but that is also the color you will get when the sensor is pushed too far), but the ridiculous amount of noise tells me it's most likely a settings or post processing issue. I've never heard of a faulty sensor creating noise in my life - they fail in other ways.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradl