DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera doesn’t seem to be working properly

That's the wrong file. .SRT files on my SD card. You need to find the photo files. They are normally jpeg files but are dependent on the format that you have it set to record.

I have it set to RAW but they don’t show up. There must be something wrong with the drine itself I think? Because if I save to internal storage the same thing happens, so it’s not the
Memeory card.

I have it set to RAW but they don’t show up. There must be something wrong with the drone itself I think? Because if I save to internal storage the same thing happens, so it’s not the
Memeory card.
Raw stills are recorded as .dng files. See if you can find and open one of those off of the SD card. They do record a lot of information so it is possible that the SD card is not fast enough to handle it. The stock SD card that comes with the Mavic is not fast enough for 4K video but I am not certain about dng.

Try changing the file type to JPEG or JPEG + RAW then look at the jpg file. It should be much better. You also need to make sure your photo viewer/editor can open dng files.

Reactions: cagliostro
Raw stills are recorded as .dng files. See if you can find and open one of those off of the SD card. They do record a lot of information so it is possible that the SD card is not fast enough to handle it. The stock SD card that comes with the Mavic is not fast enough for 4K video but I am not certain about dng.

Try changing the file type to JPEG or JPEG + RAW then look at the jpg file. It should be much better. You also need to make sure your photo viewer/editor can open dng files.

It seems it doesn’t save any dng or jpg to the memory card when I load it on the Mac. I’ve re setted the camera settings and still the same. Thanks for ur help !

It seems it doesn’t save any dng or jpg to the memory card when I load it on the Mac. I’ve re setted the camera settings and still the same. Thanks for ur help !
My apologies. I did not notice that this was a M2P discussion. All my advice was for the MP. I do not know if the M2P does things differently.

My apologies. I did not notice that this was a M2P discussion. All my advice was for the MP. I do not know if the M2P does things differently.

No worries thanks for trying! I seem to have a breakthrough... if I shoot in JPEG and download the image to the camera roll it seems to be ok. But the raw image is much larger and won’t read off the memeory card.

Ok I’ve found the problem, I’ve changed the memory card and everything seems to be fine now, phew! Thanks everyone for all your time and help, it really is appreciated[emoji1376][emoji1376][emoji1376]

Ok I’ve found the problem, I’ve changed the memory card and everything seems to be fine now, phew! Thanks everyone for all your time and help, it really is appreciated[emoji1376][emoji1376][emoji1376]
Yea!

Tip. I Always format the card in the drone before a series of flights.

Paul C

Reactions: ssvdh66

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard