DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.SRT files on my SD card

kakao

Reactions
Anyone knows the purpose of these, as I can not open them, and don't understand their function.

What are they?

A file with the .SRT file extension is a SubRip Subtitle file. These types of files hold video subtitle information like the start and end timecodes of the text and the sequential number of subtitles.

It's important to note that SRT files themselves are just text files that are used along with video data. This means the SRT file itself does not contain any video or audio data.

While the above is correct, on the Mavic these files are used to store information about the current camera settings (shutter speed, iso) and couple other environmental parameters that you cannot embed in the video in any other simple way (think Exif, but continuously updated). You can view them with any decent video player (VLC is a good example), they are always created for each video file you record so by simply make sure both files are in the same folder, enable subtitles in VLC and watch your computer choke as it tries to display 30 subtitles per second..

If you don't find that useful, you can always disable the "Caption" option under camera settings..

Thanks guys,

If I disable the "Caption" option, the .SRT files be no longer created, and that's it, no other things will change ..?

While the above is correct, on the Mavic these files are used to store information about the current camera settings (shutter speed, iso) and couple other environmental parameters that you cannot embed in the video in any other simple way (think Exif, but continuously updated). You can view them with any decent video player (VLC is a good example), they are always created for each video file you record so by simply make sure both files are in the same folder, enable subtitles in VLC and watch your computer choke as it tries to display 30 subtitles per second..

If you don't find that useful, you can always disable the "Caption" option under camera settings..
Thank you for the direct information about the Mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centrespot