DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera "fell off-misplaced from its position"

TheNomad

Reactions
First time posting and 3months with the Mavic Air and drones generally.... Been flying A LOT in different countries getting some nice footage and didnt have any incidents until now.

Problem? The camera "fell or slided from its position" (see photos). I dropped the drone from my hand.

Was unit in a crash? YES, it fell of my hands, nose down, while I was preparing to fly. I didn't fly the drone after but camera seems to be working fine since I connected the drone with the RC and my phone. Also gimbal seems to move fine, so the camera direction (up-down). Main issue is that the camera is a centimeter or so lower and now the gimbal-camera protection can not slide in, an d also is slightly tilted sideways (See photos)

What have you tried so far? NOTHING, I have no experience in tech and I dont want to push it back it by force and I break something. Also since the incident was around New Year didnt have opportunity to take it to Mavic service.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Samsung S9

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Newest

What Go app version are you using? Newest

Any modification?
None

Did you change anything or install any apps? No

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? Yes, see attachments

20190102_170343.jpg

20190102_170348.jpg

20190102_170352.jpg

OP, based on your pictures, you will have to remove and re-set the gimbal back into position. It might be remotely possible to put it back in place without taking it apart, but it's tiny in there, and not much room to work on it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ