DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera Line

caleb1

Reactions
I got a mavic pro platinum the other day and ever sense I bought it there is this funny curved "line" though the pictures.

DJI_0162.JPG
This is with the clear plastic cover that goes over the camera that was on when the Mavic was shipped.
I cleaned the cover and it was still there. I don't see any scratches or smudges when I look at the cover. I don't think it is on the camera itself, because it is not 100% stationary. It kinda wobbles around as the gimbal wobbles.

Anyone else have this or is it just me? Is there a protective film or something like that somewhere that I forgot to remove?

Thanks.

Try taking photos with the dome removed. If that line does not appear, then the issue is the dome itself.

FWIW, it's best to remove the dome before taking photos/videos.

Reactions: ksmusa and caleb1
Ok I'll try it without the dome and report back here.

We have many bees flying around our property and I don't want any of them to get smashed on the camera lens that's why I have the dome on. I am leaving on a vacation in a few days so when I get to my destination I will try it without the cover and see what it looks like.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: caleb1 and ksmusa
Which one would you recommend as the best quality?
Those filters are clear, so they won't change the photo quality. As for the quality of the filter itself, I've tried all but the Neewer filter. They all look nice and fit well. I'd buy any of them again.

Reactions: caleb1
You shouldn’t fly with the dome of it stops a significant amount of air intake which is used for cooling. Bees are better pilots then we are they can dodge the drone.

You shouldn’t fly with the dome of it stops a significant amount of air intake which is used for cooling.
I've never heard of anyone burning up the camera/gimbal by flying with the cover attached. So, it should be a safe thing to do.

Thanks for all the replies.

I removed the cover and it does seem to be the cover. I will see about cleaning the cover more.

Trust me, the bees are good pilots but they don't like noise, so they get mad at that drone and the drone gets back at them with a nice chop in half with the blades. The thing was covered in bee parts the other day after flying it.

But anyway, I will use it without the cover unless I want to fly near bees, than I will put it on or worry about cleaning it or getting a new one then.

Thanks.

Another option would be to get a sun shade for the gimbal, it will offer some extra protection without interfering with the picture quality.

Another option would be to get a sun shade for the gimbal, it will offer some extra protection without interfering with the picture quality.
I bought it with a flymore bundle that I think includes a sunshade.
This will protect the gimbal from debris without the lens being blocked, correct?

I bought it with a flymore bundle that I think includes a sunshade.
This will protect the gimbal from debris without the lens being blocked, correct?
It won't protect it from debris, as the front of the sun shade (lens hood) is open, but it will offer *some* protection to the gimbal if the drone crashes. I took my sun shade and made the opening larger, by removing some of the plastic at the top. Otherwise, it appears in frame if you've enabled the 30° up option on the camera. Mine is just used for protection - as the removal of the top section kinda killed the sun shading part - which was my intent.

It won't protect it from debris, as the front of the sun shade (lens hood) is open, but it will offer *some* protection to the gimbal if the drone crashes. I took my sun shade and made the opening larger, by removing some of the plastic at the top. Otherwise, it appears in frame if you've enabled the 30° up option on the camera. Mine is just used for protection - as the removal of the top section kinda killed the sun shading part - which was my intent.
I'm not as much worried about the lens as I am the gimbal.

So as long as the sunshade protects the gimbal I'm good.

I'm not as much worried about the lens as I am the gimbal.
So as long as the sunshade protects the gimbal I'm good.
I also fly with a sunshade but the added gimbal protection is minimal, since a hard enough strike can dislodge it. Having said that, the gimbal is in a pretty protected position itself since the Mavic's nose protrudes past it. If an impact is hard enough to dislodge (rip out) the gimbal then neither the clear cover or a sunshade will help much.

The bottom line is to get the best quality from the Mavic camera, you need to remove the clear cover. The sunshade will help reduce sun glare on the lens.

Thanks for all the replies.

I removed the cover and it does seem to be the cover. I will see about cleaning the cover more.

Trust me, the bees are good pilots but they don't like noise, so they get mad at that drone and the drone gets back at them with a nice chop in half with the blades. The thing was covered in bee parts the other day after flying it.

But anyway, I will use it without the cover unless I want to fly near bees, than I will put it on or worry about cleaning it or getting a new one then.

Thanks.
Cleaning the cover will not help, it's the light reflection making the curved line

Cleaning the cover will not help, it's the light reflection making the curved line
Ah that explains it. No wonder I could not see anything when I looked at it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98