DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera lop sided - tried to calibrate but still exists! Help, please?

Buel

Reactions
Hi all.
Mini camera is permanently lopsided, seems to correct itself after calibration, but then reverts back to lopsided when flying. Quite frustrating.
Any suggestions gratefully received!

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_3021.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3021.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 14
No, weeks before that.....after getting it repaired? (I have emailed the chap, who seemed great, but has not yet emailed back.....)

This is a common Mini 2 issue that appears because of incosistentcies between the IMU and The gimbal sensors This problem will appear and re-appear at times and sometimes will actually fix-itself.
You can try and re-calibrate your gimble and IMU the problem may disappear but it may also reappear after time. You may consider contacting DJI but you will get the same answer.

Last edited:
If Cafguy is correct about " inconsistencies between the IMU and The gimbal sensors" then might a calibration of the IMU help?

Secondly, I am pretty sure there is a 'manual' adjustment feature for gimbal roll of ±10 deg or so available in the app but you'd have to look for it.

Thirdly, is your drone sitting level? Looking at your photo and the drone's shell, its RHS look low, as if the RH arm were sitting high.
If I am correct then it maybe that the pin at top of one of the front arm pivots is bent. It's not a major job to replace a damaged one but positioning the arm at the 'tipping point' between spring-open and spring-shut is likely to make removing and replacing the pivot MUCH easier.

Last edited:
If Cafguy is correct about " inconsistencies between the IMU and The gimbal sensors" then might a calibration of the IMU help?

Secondly, I am pretty sure there is a 'manual' adjustment feature for gimbal roll of ±10 deg or so available in the app but you'd have to look for it.

Thirdly, is your drone sitting level? Looking at your photo and the drone's shell, its RHS look low, as if the RH arm were sitting high.
If I am correct then it maybe that the pin at top of one of the front arm pivots is bent. It's not a major job to replace a damaged one but positioning the arm at the 'tipping point' between spring-open and spring-shut is likely to make removing and replacing the pivot MUCH easier.
YES--Calibrating the IMU will certainly help and may even fix the issue completely but sometime in the future maybe you will notice your gimble doing this again.
If the arms are indeed damaged at the pin then its an Easy fix as Yorkshire_Pud: stated No need to send it in if you are so inclined.
By the way for the MINI 2 Make sure you are calibrating on a flat surface and I don't mean the floor use the Levlest surface possible ( Pool table levels are good for this ) !! MAKE SURE there is no metal around you !! NO CONCRETE !!
Make sure the Drone is cool and make sure your battery is CHARGED !!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure