DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera not working after crash

memtenn60

Reactions
I was filming damages after hurricane Irma and flying at about 10 ft. Suddenly RTH started beeping and then my MP started to rise to my preset elevation. My problem I was under tree canopy and my Mavic hit a branch and fell from about 30 ft. I then tested everything and all flight controls work and the gimble works, however the screen is black and I cannot take pics or videos. I have searched YouTube and other sources but cannot find a fix for the problem. DJI says send it in and they will test it ( and send it back in a couple of months or so) . My problem, I am going to Hawaii in 3 weeks and want to take my MP to take pics and videos.
Does anyone know what the problem and fix could be?
Thanks
Memtenn60

Inspect your Camera ribbon cable for Kinks, pinch might have come Unpinned inside very common issue

Inspect your Camera ribbon cable for Kinks, pinch might have come Unpinned inside very common issue

CharliesRig is absolutely right. You need to check the ribbon connection on the camera and where it connects to in the drone itself. It takes very little to have the ribbon connection come out or loosen up so that it does not work. This is the best beginning point to start at.

all flight controls work and the gimble works, however the screen is black

In this case, it's not your black flat ribbon cable that's the problem, it more likely your silver LVDS cable. If you are able to autocalibrate your gimbal to 100%, your problem is in video transmission, not your gimbal motors or cable.

Reactions: charliesRig
Thanks for the info. Have been busy since the hurricane haven't had a chance to check. Will check in next day or two.

I've had a similar accident unfortunately as a beginner learning to fly drone - after a couple of test flights and with a low battery - I made a bad mistake to hover for a few seconds at indoor location after returning from flight and then drone's auto RTH kicked in as battery low, and before I knew it drone had hit ceiling and i thought it was all over - and swore alot! Minimal damage to drone or propellers so hopefully have been lucky. Please never fly indoors as a beginner and be careful with RTH.

I've had a similar accident unfortunately as a beginner learning to fly drone - after a couple of test flights and with a low battery - I made a bad mistake to hover for a few seconds at indoor location after returning from flight and then drone's auto RTH kicked in as battery low, and before I knew it drone had hit ceiling and i thought it was all over - and swore alot! Minimal damage to drone or propellers so hopefully have been lucky. Please never fly indoors as a beginner and be careful with RTH.
The original mavic pro and platinum's Achilles heel has always been the gimbal & video cables. The slightest knock can sometimes cause havoc. Then you get the Krypton Factor test of trying to replace them.

Reactions: lookupbrightnow

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf