DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera: Partially out of focus?

mariusstrom

Reactions
Howdy - I've just started pulling some video off my Mavic Pro that I picked up last week, and I notice that the video on the right quarter is out-of-focus/blurry. Happens without a filter on there, and I've cleaned the lens. Easily seen in this screenshot (center band from full-left to full-right; Mount Rainier in the center is sharp and there's a great deal of tree definition on the hills to the left.. but the right is a mess.

Any suggestions?

upload_2017-7-3_10-27-14.png

Howdy - I've just started pulling some video off my Mavic Pro that I picked up last week, and I notice that the video on the right quarter is out-of-focus/blurry. Happens without a filter on there, and I've cleaned the lens. Easily seen in this screenshot (center band from full-left to full-right; Mount Rainier in the center is sharp and there's a great deal of tree definition on the hills to the left.. but the right is a mess.

Any suggestions?

View attachment 16386
I assume you did tap to focus on a far object ?
Which APP did you use, DJI go app4 or litchi ?
I found that litchi has a slight bug, before you take off tap to focus, then when your in the air tap to focus again, seems to be better on my rig.
Go app seems more responsive for me, i dont use litchi any more.

Any suggestions?

View attachment 16386
Try tapping to focus on many areas of the screen to see if you find a sweet spot; if not I may consider returning or exchanging while it is new. I have read of a few of these half focus threads and not all can be resolved without replacement.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82