DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera question

f1r3b1rd

Reactions
I’m torn between the mavic and the p4p.
I have a p3a now, and started out looking for an upgrade. But, I also want the portability of the mavic. I’m in a wheelchair and the smaller case would just make life so much easier.
Problem is i prefer taking stills to
Video. Both p3a and mavic are 12mp cameras. Will the pictures on the mavic be an improvement? Especially taking into account the 20mp p4 camera.
Additionally, can I make iso and shutter speed adjustments on the mavic?

Sorry for all the questions, just getting it out there

The Mavic has a much smaller sensor and no aperture control.. but I don't think the latter actually makes any significant difference for stills, you won't get any meaningful bokeh out of a wide lens on a drone and conversely even without stopping down the DOF will always be pretty much infinite.

So up to you to weigh portability vs. quality, I carry mine on a bike in a backpack so the Mavic was the clear choice for me.. And you might want to wait until the 23rd to see what it is they are releasing next.

The latter does make a difference imho. Especially if you want to to get delayed light effects; which is my primary reason for wanting said controls. It gives you more of mechanical camera experience and the basis of my buying decision.
I’ll wait and see, with the new evo, dji is certainly going to be making a few changes somewhere. I’m
In no rush to buy anything, and probably won’t for another month or so anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada