DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera Settings Suggestion for Night Game

zwt100

Reactions
Hi All,

A friend of mine who coaches little league baseball asked me to take a few photos during their next night game. I was wondering what camera settings people would suggest as I’m not well versed in that area. I’ve taken a few night shots before and was okay with the results but I’d really like to nail it this time. I plan on standing behind center field wall and taking off straight up so that the camera is facing home plate. In case anyone is wondering I will not be flying directly over the field or anyone in the crowd. I’d really like for this to look as nice as possible so we can print them out and give them to the kids. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:
From that distance the kids would just be little spots and you would be looking at their backs. It would be more interesting if you could get closer to home plate (of course, back behind any people) so the diamond and the majority of players would be more discernible. Perhaps launch back in the parking lot and get to max altitude and then move closer so you will be less noticed. Keep in mind that a lot of people get freaked out by a flying camera taking pictures of their kids so you should make sure the opposing coach is okay with it.

As for settings, I have a MP not an Air so can't help there.

In my previous post I suggested max altitude, but at 400 feet you wouldn't recognize any of the players. If you got permission from the opposing coach (and parents) it would be a lot more interesting to be lower. Just make sure you do not fly over anyone.

In my previous post I suggested max altitude, but at 400 feet you wouldn't recognize any of the players. If you got permission from the opposing coach (and parents) it would be a lot more interesting to be lower. Just make sure you do not fly over anyone.

Thanks for the suggestions! I will definitely take your advice. And I definitely stressed to him that both teams need to be aware of this. Last thing I want to do is cause a scene or make anyone uncomfortable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasperskyy