DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera woes

SpankyMedic

Reactions
Hi all. I recently bought a Mav Pro, and during one of its early flights, after pressing the shutter/photo button, the screen went black and I noticed that the outer ring around the shutter button (on iPad display) kept circling. Upon landing I noticed the the gimbal/camera was facing the rear of the aircraft. The only thing that fixed this was resetting everything. Because it was new, I took it back and exchanged it that day.

During the maiden flight of the new Mav, the same thing happened. I attached a photo of it to better illustrate what happened.

Any ideas?

dbf35bc005da95d58cd3f0f8b37a0a1c.jpg

There should be a gimbal calibration setting in the app somewhere. Give that a try.

I did do that, and it has worked since. I’m just wondering why it happened to begin with. Thanks for your reply!
I am just a newbie when it comes to Mavic and drones, but calibration is needed in quite a number of things. For example, gimbal may not know what "front and straight" is and may assume "hey, the way I am booted up now must be front and center, so let's just stick with that." Drone does not really know what it's looking at or what it expects to see. So it can't tell itself that it's not the right positioning.

Proper calibration will tell the controller what in fact the front and center should be. Once you "set" the position, it should keep it more or less reliably. Doesn't mean you won't have to re-calibrate it down the line.

Reactions: SpankyMedic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone