DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camp Jerry’s - No fly zone

MindlessPursuit

Premium Pilot
Reactions
so I’ve planned a trip to camp at Jerry’s, and before I took the trip I looked at the no-fly zone. I realized that the whole campground along with the river is a no-fly zone. I did not end up taking my drone, however I am curious to know what happens when you fly in a no-fly zone because the views would’ve been amazing, With the river and everybody rafting and the mountains. So my question is has anyone ever flown in a no-fly zone and if you have did your drone just get shut down and get lost? By the way I have a MA2

Not sure where at Camp Jerry’s is but if it’s a no fly zone then don’t. ifs a NFZ you won’t even spin up unless you’ve hacked
your drone. There must be a reason it’s a NFZ. Respect it.
jmo

Reactions: MindlessPursuit
Did a little digging, it is Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River, A National Park.

The NP service is fairly aggressive about citing people for drones in parks.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Looks like there's plenty of private property around. Ask some of the residents if you can take off from there. And, as long as the DJI app doesn't have the area marked (and it isn't on the web version) nothing will happen to your drone.

If you try to fly into restricted zones, the drone will usually just hover outside the area. It's not going to fly away and be lost.

so I’ve planned a trip to camp at Jerry’s, and before I took the trip I looked at the no-fly zone. I realized that the whole campground along with the river is a no-fly zone. I did not end up taking my drone, however I am curious to know what happens when you fly in a no-fly zone because the views would’ve been amazing, With the river and everybody rafting and the mountains. So my question is has anyone ever flown in a no-fly zone and if you have did your drone just get shut down and get lost? By the way I have a MA2
What exactly do you mean by "No Fly Zone" or NFZ also called an "Air Exclusion Zone" or "Prohibited Airspace". I think your talking about "Restricted Zones"? I've never heard of a campground or national parks being an area where you can't use the airspace above it. Camp David is a No Fly Zone, for obvious reasons. But, not "Camp Jerry's". You are most like in a restricted zone, thus you can fly over it, but just can't land or take off in it. Is the Camprground at Jerry's near a military base or something?

What exactly do you mean by "No Fly Zone" or NFZ also called an "Air Exclusion Zone" or "Prohibited Airspace". I think your talking about "Restricted Zones"? I've never heard of a campground or national parks being an area where you can't use the airspace above it. Camp David is a No Fly Zone, for obvious reasons. But, not "Camp Jerry's". You are most like in a restricted zone, thus you can fly over it, but just can't land or take off in it. Is the Camprground at Jerry's near a military base or something?
No, it’s not near any military base. But i will attach a screenshot of what B4UFLY shows

Attachments

• E120D3CA-3EF6-42E9-911E-F18EE3260DA3.jpeg
    E120D3CA-3EF6-42E9-911E-F18EE3260DA3.jpeg
    334.3 KB · Views: 9
Usually Nat Pks are a no take off area, but this might have similar restrictions / classification to places like the Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls areas etc.
Usually due to tourist type aircraft ops, light planes and helis, could this be the reason for the seemingly stronger policy ?

Usually Nat Pks are a no take off area, but this might have similar restrictions / classification to places like the Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls areas etc.
Usually due to tourist type aircraft ops, light planes and helis, could this be the reason for the seemingly stronger policy ?
Possibly, but i’m NOT trying my luck this time

No, it’s not near any military base. But i will attach a screenshot of what B4UFLY shows
This kind of implies it actually is a no fly zone. Hmmm. I don't know what to make of it now. I'd be nervous flying a drone there, even if I found a legal place to land and take off. I see what you're talking about now.

This is the Nation Park rule.
"This [ban] applies to the launching, landing, and operation of unmanned aircraft on lands and waters administered by the NPS."
I talked to a Park Ranger at Yellowstone and was told this includes airspace within Park. So taking off outside and flying into is according to him not allowed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty