DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can 107 pilots also fly under rec rules when flying for fun

dont wish to be rude ,but surely you would have been told that during your training, if you are part 107

Reactions: Classic flyer
i am just starting the 107 process and I have read conflicting information. Sorry I am a licensed private pilot.
thanks for your reply good luck with your endeavours,take care

I am a licensed private pilot.
The 107 exam has strong emphasis on Airspace. 107 Pilot rules are highly similar to private pilot's. You won't need a medical. You could probably pass without studying. An hour or two learning rules specific to drone pilots and you are likely to ace the test.

Reactions: pelagic_one
i am just starting the 107 process and I have read conflicting information. Sorry I am a licensed private pilot.
Just like an airline pilot can fly his sport plane, you can as well fly your drone recreationally...you might be held to a higher standard in the event of a mishap or regulations violation...be smart fly safe

Yes! but you can't use ignorance as an excuse for screwing up..as in 'Ignorance is Bless" or something like that. Sometimes I wish I hadn't read the rule book :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Gindra
That's what the X said. LOL In my profession I have to complete my job or assignment according to my license . Nothing less. Maybe I am wrong , Not the first time as the X said. LOL

Reactions: razoraerial
Where would you test? Thought they were all closed right now.

The OP stated he was a licensed private pilot. If he is licensed under part 61, and has had a BFR in the last 24 months he can do a course online with the FAA:

Pull up that page and scroll down to”Existing Part 61 Certificate Holders”.

After taking the online course he has to take proof of course completion, proof of identity and BFR completion to the FAA (i.e. the FSDO, a CFI, etc. if you can get in).

Whole procedure is there...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe