DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can Any or All versions of the RC Pro Firmware be Downgraded?

GadgetGuy

Reactions
Can Any or All versions of the RC Pro Firmware be Downgraded?

An alleged "support person" at DJI claims,

"We are regret to tell you that downgrade is not supported for DJI RC Pro no matter what firmware it is on."

Is this, in fact, true?

I am considering updating my RC Pro to support the Mavic 3 Pro, but none of the drones currently being flown with my RC Pro are on FW that broadcasts RID, and I want to keep them that way, including the exempt Mini 3 Pro. DJI also claims that updating the RC Pro won't mandate RID FW on every drone flown with it thereafter, but I don't trust their answer. However, if I can still downgrade the latest RC Pro FW back to my current version, I am willing to try it.

Otherwise, I'll have to buy a second RC Pro to sandbox the current one.

Thoughts and solutions, other than buying a second dedicated RC Pro for the Mavic 3 Pro, which will definitely solve the problem, but cost $1200!

The "downgrade" button from v03.02.0400 to v03.02.0200 is not greyed-out on my mac using DJI Assistant 2 but not sure exactly if that tells you anything.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
The "downgrade" button from v03.02.0400 to v03.02.0200 is not greyed-out on my mac using DJI Assistant 2 but not sure exactly if that tells you anything.
Thank you! That's certainly very helpful. Whenever the “downgrade" button is greyed-out or missing, no downgrade is available, and the FW is anti-rollback.

That "downgrade" option being selectable for any other FW version also directly contradicts the alleged "support person's" quoted statement to me, which means nothing else this person has written me can be trusted either!

Is v03.02.0400 the latest RC Pro FW?

Thank you! That's certainly very helpful. Whenever the “downgrade" button is greyed-out or missing, no downgrade is available, and the FW is anti-rollback.

That "downgrade" option being selectable for any other FW version also directly contradicts the alleged "support person's" quoted statement to me, which means nothing else this person has written me can be trusted either!

Is v03.02.0400 the latest RC Pro FW?
As of Wednesday when I updated.

Wow!
What software version of the RC PRO did DJI enable RID?
Is their any other way to tell if it has been enabled on mine except by the software version?

Wow!
What software version of the RC PRO did DJI enable RID?
Is their any other way to tell if it has been enabled on mine except by the software version?
I am being told that the 03.02.02.00 FW update for the RC Pro is irreversible, and this was not disclosed in the Release Notes for that FW update, for which DJI is "very sorry." :rolleyes:

The most recent 03.02.04.00 FW update can only be rolled back to the prior 03.02.02.00 version, which is anti-rollback. RID is still supposedly only in the drone FW, but must be properly supported by the remote to broadcast its location through GPS. Still confirming this with a second RC Pro on the latest FW. Will know within the next day or two when I bind my non-RID broadcasting drones with the newest RC Pro. I was unable to bind the Mavic 3 Pro with the RC Pro until I fully updated the RC Pro FW, even after updating the Fly App on the RC Pro to support the Mavic3 Pro. It refused to link with the drone.

If you can connect your drone, if it is broadcasting RID, it will say RID functionality normal if you click in the upper left of the Fly screen for prelaunch notifications. If not, still not sure whether you can even arm the motors.

Turning off GPS in the Fly app (under Profile/Security/Location and Privacy) loses all Fly map functionality, including orientation to the drone on the radar view!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne