DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can anyone confirm??

sonicpilot

Reactions
For the Mavic 2 Pro, can the hard case for the drone (for $169.00) also house the Dji Smart Controller? In the item description it does mention it can hold the remote controller. I assume that means the small remote controller you connect your phone to. I want to know if it will hold the Smart Comtroller as it is bigger.

For the Mavic 2 Pro, can the hard case for the drone (for $169.00) also house the Dji Smart Controller? In the item description it does mention it can hold the remote controller. I assume that means the small remote controller you connect your phone to. I want to know if it will hold the Smart Comtroller as it is bigger.
No it wont, you have to get a custom case. Give me a sec and I show you what I got. This one holds either remote.

Reactions: dirkclod
Are you talking about THIS CASE from DJI? If so then yes it can hold the Smart Controller, there are 2 pieces of foam you remove and it slides right in, see photo below (PS Ignore all my junk in there LOL):
PXL_20201213_044500942.jpg

And if you want to put the small remote in there just don't throw away the 2 pieces of pre-cut foam and you can always put it back in there.

Reactions: Rockey
Wow didn't know DJI even sold that??? Looks like a Pelican series...what a beast!!!
Yeah, it's been my favorite so far, I had the Nanuk 920 for it too, Like the DJI case better.

There are a number of good ones on-line. Here's another, oops, goofed. See link in next post. (couldn't figure out how to delete this.

Last edited:
Yes it does , 100% confirmed I have one

I bought this one off ebay for $30 and it holds four batteries if you keep one on the drone body. Plus it can keep my 7 inch Feel World monitor in the hard shell top cover area. You can see the size of the cutout for the SC when compared to the original controller.

It is very light weight, they state it is water proof and is comfortable to wear as a back pack, or just carry it with the top handle. Everything fits snugly in the firm foam cutouts. They do one with a silver hard cover and one, like I bought, with a carbon fiber look, hard shell top.

Attachments

• CASE.jpg
    CASE.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6771.jpg
    IMG_6771.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6772.jpg
    IMG_6772.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6773.jpg
    IMG_6773.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6774.jpg
    IMG_6774.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6776.jpg
    IMG_6776.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6777.jpg
    IMG_6777.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6778.jpg
    IMG_6778.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 8
You guys are paying too much - Harbor freight has several sizes starting with this one for $13.
Don't be fooled these are amazing hard cases. The foam is cut into sections and remove what you need to.
This one seems perfect
I got the extra large for my cameras and I love it. Solid - nothing cheap about it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinblueline3