DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can anyone explain what problem I'm having? Or DJI is bullying customers who use old products

thanducha

Reactions
Recently I encountered a rather confusing situation with the DJI Mavic Air 2 drone. After the update, when I used the Iphone 11 and the Dji Fly app to fly, every 700M distance the RC signal automatically disappeared. . and the plane will return the RTH. I emailed Dji and searched the Dji forums but didn't get a solution. I kept emailing Dji for help and they told me to wait 48 hours. After about 2 weeks of waiting without receiving support from Dji, I continued to send support to them and they informed me that I should bring the plane to their authorized center. After I brought the device to the authorized center, the staff enthusiastically assisted in checking and reported that my drone was completely normal, with no errors related to 2.4ghz or 5.8ghz waves. . I then asked questions and explained the problems I was having and they said my device was getting old over the years. However, I was not satisfied with that explanation and I posted my answer on Dji's forum and they asked me to provide the video..etc.

Last edited:
Don't really understand what kind of conclusions you think you can draw from these 3 flights... they where all on different heights & for some you also seems to have used a modded app. It looks to be a lot there where you flew, that can generate WiFi interference which will disturb the RC-drone connection.

And just so you know... the phone in it self have nothing to do with the signal strength, all is between the RC & drone.

...Does DJI intentionally make drones that have been produced for a long time defective, to force users to use their new products?
Sounds very unlikely... my Air 1 (older than yours) is working just fine.

Don't really understand what kind of conclusions you think you can draw from these 3 flights... they where all on different heights & for some you also seems to have used a modded app. It looks to be a lot there where you flew, that can generate WiFi interference which will disturb the RC-drone connection.

And just so you know... the phone in it self have nothing to do with the signal strength, all is between the RC & drone.

Sounds very unlikely... my Air 1 (older than yours) is working just fine.
Yes, it's very difficult to understand.
With the DJI Fly app why can I only fly 800M? But with the DJI Fly application, I changed the GPRS and could fly up to 2000M. As for the FCC mod for Android dji, it also flies farther. That's why I need everyone's help. And I commit that the area I fly in will be completely free of wifi interference. If there is interference, then all 3 cases are affected

I have a small group of Mavic 1's that are still flying in fact the original mavic IMO is one of the best DJI drones you can own even today. My Air2s probably has more flight time than any Air 2s and if a motor ever dies {should have by now.) I will shelf this one for posterity.
DJI or any other company, despite what people would like us to think Would NOT intentionally sell a drone to the public that had a built in safety issue. I predict my Mavic 1's still have years of flying left in them.

Is it possible for you to downgrade back to previous firmware? If it was working well prior to your update, would that provide a solution?

On a similar, but slightly different note...
I recently sold my daughter's original Mavic Air Drone on eBay. It had only been flown once, never crashed and in mint condition. A buyer quickly purchased it. A few weeks later the buyer contacted me and told me the firmware needed to be updated but since the drone is 'old' he could not update it. Both the buyer and I contacted DJI and the response was the same for each of us......'the drone is out of warranty'. Basically it is a paperweight. I refunded the buyer's money and now own the 'paperweight'.

I recently sold my daughter's original Mavic Air Drone on eBay. It had only been flown once, never crashed and in mint condition. A buyer quickly purchased it. A few weeks later the buyer contacted me and told me the firmware needed to be updated but since the drone is 'old' he could not update it. Both the buyer and I contacted DJI and the response was the same for each of us......'the drone is out of warranty'. Basically it is a paperweight. I refunded the buyer's money and now own the 'paperweight'.
Your plane can't take off right now or something like that.

I recently, 3 months ago, buyed secondhand Air1. And regularly updated it thru dji go4 app. My phone, that I use with RC, is Samsung a52s.

Reactions: hiflyer201
...original Mavic Air Drone...the firmware needed to be updated but since the drone is 'old' he could not update it...

Basically it is a paperweight.
And you've tried to update the firmware through the DJI Assistant 2 PC program for this model? Doing it through the GO4 app might perhaps fail, but should work through the PC program.

If it fail anyway... do it through Drone-Hackz.com & their free pc program which have a free firmware update section. You can directly there get the latest firmware downloaded (in partnership with dankdronedownloader.uk)...

-Just download the latest drone-hackz program, it's a .exe file & no installation is needed.
-Start it
-Connect the drone to the pc with a usb cable
-Start the drone up
-The drone should be recognised by the program
-Open the tab "Flash original DJI-Firmware
-Hit the button "Download firmware" & choose what you need, & download
-Continue then in the drone-hackz program & lastly hit Flash firmware.

I have a small group of Mavic 1's that are still flying in fact the original mavic IMO is one of the best DJI drones you can own even today. My Air2s probably has more flight time than any Air 2s and if a motor ever dies {should have by now.) I will shelf this one for posterity.
DJI or any other company, despite what people would like us to think Would NOT intentionally sell a drone to the public that had a built in safety issue. I predict my Mavic 1's still have years of flying left in them.
Out of curiosity, how many kilometers ( or miles in your case ) does your Air2S have on it ?
Regards, Stu

I will buy it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne