DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can anyone give me one single reason not to sell my mavic 2 zoom right now for an air 2? I’ll wait..

takegreatphotos

Reactions
Other than obv the zoom feature (that I don’t use) which is not smooth enough to really use any way & I can zoom in post.

please someone tell me not to get rid of this thing.

does the 2 zoom fly betters since it weighs
More?

welcome to the forum,if in your opinion you feel that the new MA would be better for the type of flying you do,then go for it
(1) has your mavic zoom ever let you down or crashed because of a fault
(2) are you prepared to let it go for a price that will show a big loss
(3) have you got a nice expensive case for it and lots of accessories and extra batteries
(4)your Mavic zoom is a known quantity and the MA does not have a proven track record yet,plus it uses a different app
above are the things i would consider if i was in your position,and are my views

Thanks for the points, they are valid.

I really only use my 2zoom for real estate and I’ve only used it about 8 times, there are no drones for sale in my area and I have accessories to sell so I will fetch close to brand new pricing on it. The 12mp camera and only going up to 4k 30fps are kind of what makes it a no brainer for me, not only that but I’m likely to come out with new drone with a better camera, and 3-500 bucks to spend.

the guy at my local drone store is also willing to put it on consignment for a high price and give me a mavic air 2 as soon as it drops

Waiting for the SDK is the reason I think about. But there are other compatibility issues that are also waiting to be addressed.

Software developers kit - which is necessary before (Litchi or any other 3rd party software) can be adapted to work. Basically need it to fly missions.

Missions? Like I said I only use my drone for video footage/content creating and real estate.

Are the batteries From the 2zoom going to be the same as the air 2?

whats so bad about the new/different app everyone keeps bringing up??

Reactions: Skyfli
Guess it depends on how you define real estate. I live rural, so mapping is real estate. Likewise, you can do interesting time lapse video by flying the same route. I was on a somewhat unique house build. The property owner would have their drone film the house build daily by flying the same route. The secondary advantage on that project is he could launch, then still be filmed working on site. On a longer term idea, you can do interesting seasonal time lapses as well. For me personally, I am doing some long term commercial landscaping work that I would love to build time lapses of.

my humble understanding is the new app is simplified for consumer use. Less control of the camera, less waypoint functions are issues I read about.

When researching I found tons of references to a post/email from DJI about an April release fo the SDK for the Mini. Just noticed a post on the software forum where DJI has said 1) there never was a projected April release, and that the future release is not actually scheduled because it is essentially a spare time project. While mid summer might happen, it is contingent on other troubleshooting and the virus. Again, all that does not mean that much for the MA2, other than release on the MM will be 8 months from the drones release right now at best.

I have an MA2 ordered. If I knew the SDK was X months out, it would influence me to consider a M2P. I was hoping that that they were planning the SDK release for the MA2 with the MM which I expect would be any day now. Now I know that the MM is not going to be any day now, and have far less reason to be overly optimistic about the MA2’s SDK release.

Last edited:

I was curious about Fly app, so downloaded it for a look around menus etc.
It looks simple, it is.

It doesn't have a lot of info on screen, not as much telemetry, attitude indicator, not sure about map etc, I think I read somewhere it doesn't have a number of features of Go4.

I personally don't like it, and hope they keep the Go4 app for all the earlier aricraft versions . . . it's a bit disconcerting that the Fly app lists all DJI consumer drones in the menu there :confused:

• Wow
Reactions: Peio64270
All manufacturers purposely hobble the lower end models. For the obvious purpose of getting you to upgrade.

it costs DJi to develop and maintain the SDK so they price that in.

Hint: There is no spare time at DJI.

So if those limitations work for you then spend less. Why buy features you don’t need? If you buy it knowing the limitations then why complain?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Martin_D
Missions? Like I said I only use my drone for video footage/content creating and real estate.

Are the batteries From the 2zoom going to be the same as the air 2?

About the batteries! They’re not the same, little be smaller

For me, it seems like I'm flying a lot in windy conditions, and I think the smaller and lighter Air 2 will struggle more in the wind and burn battery life faster fighting it. Plus I already have so much invested in my Mavic 2's. :)

All manufacturers purposely hobble the lower end models. For the obvious purpose of getting you to upgrade.

it costs DJi to develop and maintain the SDK so they price that in.

Hint: There is no spare time at DJI.

So if those limitations work for you then spend less. Why buy features you don’t need? If you buy it knowing the limitations then why complain?

So I've been thinking about this, and if they release a firmware update for the SC, which would allow camera parameter adjustments, then the FLY app can't be that far behind.

Unless it's just more planned BS and an attempt to force people in to buying the SC.

^^^ that would suck

For me, it seems like I'm flying a lot in windy conditions, and I think the smaller and lighter Air 2 will struggle more in the wind and burn battery life faster fighting it. Plus I already have so much invested in my Mavic 2's. :)

As someone with a Mavic Pro, and the original Air - the Air handles wind just as well, if not better.

I wont sell my Plat combo for an air 2. I have had it a year, ruined two but with refresh. Silly mistakes.

Perhaps in a couple of years I will get the latest, but the Plat is fantastic and does for me.

Alan UK Suffolk.

Mavic zoom is not selling well, to begin with, and now that Mavic air2 is out that kills the sale of Mavic zoom even further. If you want to sell a Mavic zoom, now is the time. I doubt you will get anywhere close to the original price. I was looking at getting Mavic zoom but as soon as I found out that air2 is coming out I changed my mind. My Mavic Air 2 is on the way. It was an easy decision for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1