DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can DJI FLY app save cached video to phone's SD card instead of main memory?

Thank you for the link. I've saved it and I will seriously consider doing it, Really, the only frustrating issue is that Norton 360 stopped supporting anything less than Android 8.0. The only fear I really have now is that the Fly App will update and it turns out that DJI removed support for my old version of Android.
On an android device (or even an iOS device), antivirus/etc suites such as Norton/etc are largely BS/useless. So I wouldn't rely on those, especially as they may actually impact your overall performance. For the most part if you're primarily using the device as a phone and drone controller, the only app you might have to allow from "unknown sources" will be DJI Fly since they no longer show up in the Google Play Store after Android 11 or so, but everything else if you stick with what the App Store provides should be fine.

It does make sense that Norton would eventually drop support considering something like Android 8 has dropped even security updates long ago, to the point that even something like Norton couldn't protect the device from root level attacks.

The alternative is getting a tablet holder (under 20) and a cheap older tablet like the Samsung Tab A7 which meets the minimum requirements, decently bright (900-ish Nit) though it's only 32GB internal, I wouldn't rely on video cache as your main source though since you would be editing from originals off the card anyways (though you can set a 2GB~8GB limit for it, but as you know it'll remove the oldest when that limit is hit).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78