DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can Fcc mode be used in the UK?

mavic6611

Reactions
Hi pilots,

I was wondering if FCC mode can be used here in the UK instead of CE mode?
The reason I ask is because the early phantoms had the facility to be manually changed.
FCC allows further range. So if anyone knows if this can be done I'd love to know.

Yes it can be done but your going to have to wait on the community based patches to come out.
As of now with the standard software it cannot be done.

Rob

Reactions: mavic6611
I really hope it comes along soon. It's not particularly so I can fly crazy distance, more so to improve the stability when I decide fly a little bit further.

No I'm in the UK but I'm waiting for my Mavic to arrive from Hong Kong. I was just curious as to the limitations we get in the UK. Thanks for the info.

No I'm in the UK but I'm waiting for my Mavic to arrive from Hong Kong. I was just curious as to the limitations we get in the UK. Thanks for the info.
Your welcome mate. I find flying in airplane mode helps with video transmission signal stability as it ignores all the surrounding wifi signals. Just thought I'd mention that incase you didn't know.

Your welcome mate. I find flying in airplane mode helps with video transmission signal stability as it ignores all the surrounding wifi signals. Just thought I'd mention that incase you didn't know.

That's a great tip, thank you. I would never of thought you could use it in airplane mode. I take it the map still works ok?

Yes mate, all you need to do is switch everything on.. Ie Transmitter, Mavic and Load the dji go app up.. As soon as you're connected and in the main flight screen, you will see the map on the bottom left of the screen. All you need to do is click on the map and toggle the map around the area you will be flying in (you need to be connected to Internet while you're doing this) while you are toggling around the map, the app will be memorising it in the Cache. Then simply put your phone in airplane mode and you will be able to fly perfectly using the map as you would be if you're connected to the internet.

This applies to anywhere you want to fly so if you was sitting in Scotland but are flying in Wales tomorrow, as long as you toggle over the specific location in Wales you'll be flying then you won't need any form of cellular data at all.

Hope this helps.

If you need anymore help feel free to inbox PM me mate.

Yes mate, all you need to do is switch everything on.. Ie Transmitter, Mavic and Load the dji go app up.. As soon as you're connected and in the main flight screen, you will see the map on the bottom left of the screen. All you need to do is click on the map and toggle the map around the area you will be flying in (you need to be connected to Internet while you're doing this) while you are toggling around the map, the app will be memorising it in the Cache. Then simply put your phone in airplane mode and you will be able to fly perfectly using the map as you would be if you're connected to the internet.

This applies to anywhere you want to fly so if you was sitting in Scotland but are flying in Wales tomorrow, as long as you toggle over the specific location in Wales you'll be flying then you won't need any form of cellular data at all.

Hope this helps.

If you need anymore help feel free to inbox PM me mate.

Excellent! Many thanks for that. Really looking forward to getting the Mavic. [emoji1360][emoji1360]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada