DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I ask for repaired parts (motor) to be returned?

sandiego

Reactions
I am having crash repairs to a Mavic Pro done by a Company near London. They are saying that they need to replace one of the motors and that means the whole front leg assembly.

I don't understand this as I checked the motors where running OK before sending the drone to them. The only fault that I knew of was the gimble cable had come loose.

Can I insist that they return the old parts when I get the drone back? Is there a Law in the UK cover that?

I am having crash repairs to a Mavic Pro done by a Company near London. They are saying that they need to replace one of the motors and that means the whole front leg assembly.

I don't understand this as I checked the motors where running OK before sending the drone to them. The only fault that I knew of was the gimble cable had come loose.

Can I insist that they return the old parts when I get the drone back? Is there a Law in the UK cover that?

Can you not just tell them not to do anything regarding the motor/leg, do the other repairs, if necessary and return the Pro to you. You can then re-check the motor.

OP, what is the name of the company you are using? If they are a DJI Authorized Service Center, you will not get the parts back.

Also, if they are an authorized DJI shop, the motors on the Mavic can not be replaced independently of the arm.

Last edited:
The Company is I-Smash, based in West London, and yes, they are supposed to be DJI Authorized.

They also said that the whole motor AND arm had to be replaced.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143