DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can i charge the mini 3 with a 60w charger?

alexjo55

Reactions
Was thinking of buying a 60w powerbank to have it with me when im flying and so i can charge the drone fast, but would it really work?

there must be some limit of how many watt the mini 3 battery can handle.

As this is a battery with a BMS chip that will handle (demand) the amps & volts needed during the charge cycle... it doesn't matter if you put it on a 1000W power supplier, it will not charge faster anyway.

Also, the thumb rule when charging a Lithium battery is to use a 1C charge rate... meaning use a charge amp equal to the battery capacity. Some LiPo packs can go up to 2-4C but that will put on significant wear on the cells & shorten the useful service life... & increase the risk that the battery goes up in flames, but you get the battery charged faster in return.

LiIon batteries are more sensitive to the charge rate... if you want those batteries to have a long & healthy service life you should charge below 1C, 0,5C on a regular basis perhaps. The reason for this regarding LiIon is that they have a greater internal resistance than the LiPo & therefore gets much hotter during charging... and heat kills Lithium batteries.

Below the specs for a Mini 3 Pro battery...

1695939124548.png

Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas