DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I clean inside my lens myself?

Sabrinarae

Reactions
Hey all, we have had our mavic pro for a few years but only use it occasionally. We recently noticed spots on the video. I tried to clean the outside of lens but didn’t work. Closer inspection reveals what looks like dust, water or air bubbles under the lens. See attached images; one is of the artifacts on the lens, and the other is the resulting image. Is there an easy fix for this, or do I need to send to Mavic (which of course was their recommendation)? Thanks for your advice.

spots on mavic.jpg
spots on mavic.JPG

Thanks! I'm in Torquay, VIC outside of Geelong

Nice spot, love the GOR drive too, so pass by Torquay very occasionally.
HAve you been game to consider trying that replacement yourself ?
It should be reasonably easy to do.

Otherwise, Drone MRO in South Melb are good people.

I crashed my M1P into the Coonalpyn silos on a drive to Melb a couple of years ago, so dropped it into them.
They couldn't get it done as it was Fri arvo, but they fixed it and sent back to me following week, no charge to ship, and has been A1 again ever since.

Reactions: Sabrinarae
Nice spot, love the GOR drive too, so pass by Torquay very occasionally.
HAve you been game to consider trying that replacement yourself ?
It should be reasonably easy to do.

Otherwise, Drone MRO in South Melb are good people.

I crashed my M1P into the Coonalpyn silos on a drive to Melb a couple of years ago, so dropped it into them.
They couldn't get it done as it was Fri arvo, but they fixed it and sent back to me following week, no charge to ship, and has been A1 again ever since.
Great call thanks. I was a little scared by the video (I'm happy to try but also, it's a work drone so... lol).

I did see this video that I tried today, just unscrewing the front filter, but I'll be dammed if I can get it off.
It's a slightly different model though.

If I can't get it I will try that place.

It's a slightly different model though.

Yep, you will not get the M1P front lens off like the M2P or M2Z.
As per the video I linked, the whole front of the camera comes off, and the new part replaced in reverse like shown.
Not too difficult if you have the micro tools, or buy them, and have some patience.

A work drone ?
Cool, what's it used for, real estate or similar ?
Do you fly it for work ?

If it's not your drone, it might be best to let work get it repaired.
I believe there is a number of DJI repairers in Melb, maybe even an official DJI one . . .

If it's not your drone, it might be best to let work get it repaired.
I believe there is a number of DJI repairers in Melb, maybe even an official DJI one . . .

Thanks for that clarification... yeah we can pay for it I might just do that.

We are a local government so I would be happy to save money if I could!

I don't have the license yet so am pretty restricted in where I can fly it for work, but we have used it for a few things when the conditions are right as far as proximity to people etc.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake