DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I fly a drone in Cleveland dam?

Time_draco

Reactions
I have a Mavic Pro 2 and I wanted to fly at Cleveland dam. Before flying there I wanted to make sure I could fly there... I did some research and I think I can fly at Cleveland dam. If I am wrong can you please tell me.

Not being from the US I cannot testify to the accuracy of this image but from what I can find it seems to be the real deal. Not the best place in the US to own a drone it seems! That being said there are still lots of places which are not covered.

Drones-vancouver.png

Here is a link to the website which had this image.
Where Can I fly my Drone in Vancouver? - Panic Dots

I have a Mavic Pro 2 and I wanted to fly at Cleveland dam. Before flying there I wanted to make sure I could fly there... I did some research and I think I can fly at Cleveland dam. If I am wrong can you please tell me.

If you would edit your profile to include at least a general location you would avoid confusing responses like you got here.

Reactions: DroneGuyinVT
The UAV app certainly says so.... but there is a No Drones sign posted there. There is a helipad right beside the dam for reconnaissance of the reservoir. I saw this the other day, while working there

It would help if you said where on planet Earth Cleveland Dam actually is!
There are several.
Zimbabwe
Vancouver
South Dakota USA

Anybody's guess....

Last edited:
The UAV app certainly says so.... but there is a No Drones sign posted there. There is a helipad right beside the dam for reconnaissance of the reservoir. I saw this the other day, while working there

If the airspace is not under any Transport Canada restriction, be it airspace type, permanent or temp NFZ, then you should be able to overfly it legally.
The problem you will possibly have is whatever authority owns the land can restrict what happens on the ground, take off and landing.
If you can fly legally from off the authorities land to the dam, then technically this is ok.

Most countries will have maintain VLOS rule for drones, so effectively make that difficult or impossible.
Eg. safely operate your drone to the rules if a heli os coming in to use the landing areas there.
And other rules about flying over people, buildings etc that may apply . . . would you be close enough to see people readily and not break another rule.

If you decide you can take the flight to your discretion, it would be good to see it in the video / photo section of the forum.

I mean, sure I could physically go stand on the sidewalk to pilot, dodging the sign's area of authority, but it seems like the drone I'd fly is the issue (I only have a mini, which I assume would just disintegrate under a chopper blade) let alone a host of drones. Still, the Dam and reservoir are gorgeous and worthy of getting footage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
activmonk