DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I fly higher than 500m with a dji mavic air?

saxotenor

Reactions
Hello

I live in the Alps and I would love and take fancy pics on the mountain flying above the summit.

The area is safe, purpose being to fly up to the summit less than 120m height from the ground.

Dji mavic air being a very recent drone, I can not flash back an old firmware nor use a previous dji assist app.

Any idea? Thanks a lot!

As we speak, there is no known method to override the 500m limit an the Mavic AIR (no matter what firmware is being installed)

Remember that the limit is from the height at take off e.g. start flying at 1000m and you can fly up to 1500m (assuming that you are not in a restricted flying zone)

Ah, having re-read your original post, I guess you mean your take off point is less than 120m high, not the summit! Silly me!!

As we speak, there is no known method to override the 500m limit an the Mavic AIR (no matter what firmware is being installed)

Isn't there the hacked stuff? Of course that would void warranty and not recommended by most people here.

Isn't there the hacked stuff? Of course that would void warranty and not recommended by most people here.
There is, but only a few parameters can be changed - not the 500m limit.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie