DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can i fly with newest app and .500 Firmware without restrictions?

dacoco

Reactions
Hi,

after all the confusion about the new rules and enforced updates from DJI i'm not completely sure what the current status is.

So i want to ask:
Can i still use .500 Firmware and use the current DJI Go 4 App (4.1.5) without having restrictions or beeing forced to update my mavic/remote/batteries?
Of course i need to be logged in to fly more than 60meters or so.

Anyone with experiences with this combination?

Thank you!
Daniel

I had .700 with the newest app. And from one day to the other it would not let me take off before I updated to the newest firmware. At this time I was in a rather remote place without any cell phone coverage..
Super annoying. Downgraded the app to 4.0.4 and the Mavic to .400 right away after this...

I had .700 with the newest app. And from one day to the other it would not let me take off before I updated to the newest firmware. At this time I was in a rather remote place without any cell phone coverage..
Super annoying. Downgraded the app to 4.0.4 and the Mavic to .400 right away after this...

Oh ****, this is totally annoying. When that happens - can i just uninstall 4.1.5 and then install the - idk - 4.1.0?

Yeah 4.05 or 4.04 coupled with .0400 is the perfect solution if you just want to fly your drone and not have issues when you change locations.

Rob

Yeah 4.05 or 4.04 coupled with .0400 is the perfect solution if you just want to fly your drone and not have issues when you change locations.

Rob

Took my rig w/ this set up about a month ago from Canada to Mainland US (CA,OR,Washington) to Kauai and Kona in Hawaii,no issue whatsoever, no compass cal in any of those places, just pure fun.

Reactions: Robbyg
Oh ****, this is totally annoying. When that happens - can i just uninstall 4.1.5 and then install the - idk - 4.1.0?
Yes, this should work.
But on iOS like me the downgrade of the app is a lengthy process...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair