DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I leave my batteries in 2-way hub if they are all at 50%?

QueenZ77

Reactions
I have read that auto-discharge doesn't work when the batteries are in the aircraft or in the hub, So people have been saying not to leave them in there. I for one don't really like to rely on automated processes to maintain the battery, I would rather store them right the first time. So is it ok to leave the batteries in the hub if they are all drained down to about 50%? Or should I leave them out of it regardless. Thanks for any tips guys!

I don't think there would be a problem. IF they already have a "storage charge" the auto-discharge feature is not really relevant.

That said, the dock put a TINY draw on the batteries.. So if they are left in for an extended time (I am thinking months) there is a chance they could totally discharge which would destroy the battery.

So if you do leave them in the dock, keep checking the charge.,..

I don't think there would be a problem. IF they already have a "storage charge" the auto-discharge feature is not really relevant.

That said, the dock put a TINY draw on the batteries.. So if they are left in for an extended time (I am thinking months) there is a chance they could totally discharge which would destroy the battery.

So if you do leave them in the dock, keep checking the charge.,..
Didn't know the hub took a tiny charge, Guess Ill be keeping an eye on the charge every so often. Thanks for the advice!

So is it ok to leave the batteries in the hub if they are all drained down to about 50%? Or should I leave them out of it regardless. Thanks for any tips guys!
Best to leave the batteries dis-connected from charger and drone when not in use for more than a couple days.

Best to leave the batteries dis-connected from charger and drone when not in use for more than a couple days.
Everything with a micro-processor does.. Even a tiny amount, its still measureable... And the problem is that beacuse its drawing current just keeping the internal electronics awake, it could keep going until the battery is totally flat (unless the battery can sence the total discharge and go into some kind of deep hibernation mode).

That said, I don't know what the draw is.. it could be so tiny (mico-amps) that it would take years to fully discharge.. But I just urge you to be careful leaving batteries in for extended periods of time, as there will be some electronics inside which will gradually draw current.

That said, the batteries have their own electronics which probably draw tiny current too.. Even even outside of the dock they will probably discharge over time...

So personally, I would leave them in the dock and get in the habbit of checking them.. And if the level seems low, give them a top up..

Everything with a micro-processor does.. Even a tiny amount, its still measureable... And the problem is that beacuse its drawing current just keeping the internal electronics awake, it could keep going until the battery is totally flat (unless the battery can sence the total discharge and go into some kind of deep hibernation mode).

That said, I don't know what the draw is.. it could be so tiny (mico-amps) that it would take years to fully discharge.. But I just urge you to be careful leaving batteries in for extended periods of time, as there will be some electronics inside which will gradually draw current.

That said, the batteries have their own electronics which probably draw tiny current too.. Even even outside of the dock they will probably discharge over time...

So personally, I would leave them in the dock and get in the habbit of checking them.. And if the level seems low, give them a top up..
If I ever got to the point I was flying less than once a month, I would probably just sell it. No use having an expensive paper weight. Good info to have though!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d