DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I make my Mavic Pro make a noise?

Quickbrit

Reactions
If I lose my drone in long grass (hypothetically) with plenty of battery life left - can I ping the drone to let me know where it is?

TIA
Mike

Go 4 has the Find My Drone feature that allows you to flash the lights and make it beep. It will also show your location (providing you have a GPS phone/tablet) and the MP location on a map.

5414113ff8cb972ed23bf7e14a015c05.jpg

I have not used it, but here is a decent video demonstrating it:

ff36d4e3b17357e359dc3f55fe36e826.jpg
a6cb395c2ddb3b76f510719a62346a0e.jpg

The three lines in the top right of the screen open the app so you can see the menu .

Great info...........OK - I lost my drone just last week in dense jungle but could NOT find it with the 'Find My Drone' but ( and this is important ) I did find it with the regular DI GO 4 app from the map. Took me some time to actually find this but so glad I did as the 'Find My Drone' was all over the place AND the map was giving totally wrong readings. There is an icon VPS with a man your drone icon & distance meter bottom right hand of the screen. That is how I managed to find my drone - the distance is precise! I kept getting 14.5' & passing it - simply because it was in the jungle canopy 14.5' above my head! Still couldn't see it. Had about 10% battery left on the drone when it got dark enough to see the lights flashing on the drone - chopped down the bush with a machete & recovered the bird. Props trashed but thankfully drone intact to fly another day. My GO 4 app doesn't have the ESC Beeping or Smart LED but man I could've used that feature for sure!
* Found that since returning from a trip UK last month my IMU & Compass needed recalibrating which is why it couldn't even give me correct direction in the App. Having since cleaned put new props & recalibrated everything my Mavic is back in the air flying beautifully. (Note to self) CALIBRATE YOUR IMU & COMPASS!!!!!!!

Yea! You got to love a happy ending!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh