DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I record directly to Phone instead of SD card in High res.

2004ep3hatch

Reactions
Hi Guys,

There is no thread that I can find with my particular question, but the other way around. I'm looking to record at the 2.7K right to my phone and not the SD card. I bought a Google pixel 2 just for flying and figured id use it for the video recording instead of the SD slot. I have found that it's only recording at 720P to the phone. I was wondering why my videos are looking crappy. I guess this is why I do not have a option for changing video features on the app (no SD slot)

Is there a way around this? I like to do everything on the go. I'm guessing the photo's I'm taking are also low res?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Guys,

There is no thread that I can find with my particular question, but the other way around. I'm looking to record at the 2.7K right to my phone and not the SD card. I bought a Google pixel 2 just for flying and figured id use it for the video recording instead of the SD slot. I have found that it's only recording at 720P to the phone. I was wondering why my videos are looking crappy. I guess this is why I do not have a option for changing video features on the app (no SD slot)

Is there a way around this? I like to do everything on the go. I'm guessing the photo's I'm taking are also low res?

Thanks,
Tommy
No such option, the bandwidth shared with flight options are shared across the OcuSync protocol..just can't handle that type of down link. Depending on which aircraft and proximity you do get a 1080 down feed though. These are camera platforms and as such require the media to be onboard. The down link is for framing purposes only. Also depending on what you fly there is a share function that can be done when close enough and then the high res are synced to your device...all in your owners manual. :)

No such option, the bandwidth shared with flight options are shared across the OcuSync protocol..just can't handle that type of down link. Depending on which aircraft and proximity you do get a 1080 down feed though. These are camera platforms and as such require the media to be onboard. The down link is for framing purposes only. Also depending on what you fly there is a share function that can be done when close enough and then the high res are synced to your device...all in your owners manual. :)
I won’t lie, I have been watching videos on starting ect... but nothing was mentioned about this that I can see from the ones I watched.

so no I did not read that in the manual because I did not read that part. I will tell the truth lol.

I figured watching all these YouTube videos would be more helpful.

Reactions: Otisangb
I won’t lie, I have been watching videos on starting ect... but nothing was mentioned about this that I can see from the ones I watched.

so no I did not read that in the manual because I did not read that part. I will tell the truth lol.

I figured watching all these YouTube videos would be more helpful.
My zoom manual has some info and it's worth reading. Not sure if what model you have but if it's anything like the my manual it's very lacking. I get a kick out of everyone saying it's all in the manual. I have been reading technical manuals for almost 30 years and the dji one is up there with a VCR manual. Such a shame. They seriously need a technical writer. Wouldn't be that difficult.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Thanks,
Tommy
Hi Tommy
find a screen recorder on play store, I have super screen recorder, It works fine.
Regard,
Sean.

Reactions: 2004ep3hatch
The problem is that the feed video can be noisy so screen recorder won't help. Besides, unless you go into full FPV view, the app controls/telemetry will be there too.

OP: why are you set against getting and using an SD card on the AC? The recording will be much much better than you could ever get on a downlink feed. That and you can quickly transfer the media files with a cardreader.

Reactions: Otisangb
The problem is that the feed video can be noisy so screen recorder won't help. Besides, unless you go into full FPV view, the app controls/telemetry will be there too.

OP: why are you set against getting and using an SD card on the AC? The recording will be much much better than you could ever get on a downlink feed. That and you can quickly transfer the media files with a cardreader.
I did buy a SD card. I thought it would have been easier, that's all :).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus