DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I take the HDMI output from a CS and use it as input to a cell phone?

JAW

Did I Just Back Into That Tree?
Reactions
I would like to use the micro usb or usb C port on a cell phone to display the CS screen onto the cell phone's screen. I have no idea if this is doable. The phone will probably be a Galaxy S10+.
Suggestions?
TIA!

Hi JAW,

I do not believe any cell phone can be used as a video monitor. Phones can output video via their USB-C connectors and be connected to a larger TV. There are lots of USB-C to HDMI adapters that can convert the phones video output to the HDMI input on a TV but I have never seen a HDMI to USB-C adapter.

You could get a small HDMI monitor and connect it to the HDMI output on the CS. I have used the HDMI port on the CS to drive the HDMI input on my Epson Moverio glasses. Works great! You could get something like this from Amazon;

and it should work fine. The only problem I see is the monitor requires a 12 volt supply. A 12 volt battery would be fine but may become slightly bulky. There are some HDMI monitors with builtin batteries but a bit on the expensive side.

If memory serves me correctly you have to enable the HDMI port on the CS in the setting directory.

~Bill

Reactions: JAW
Thank you Bill!
My goal here was to use a cell phone with one of those gizmos that turns a cell phone into a VR headset. Input to the phone would come from the hdmi output of the CS. My granson has one and it’s pretty cool using apps loaded on the cell phone. I figured to use it as a poor man’s goggles so someone else could observe the flight through the headset.
I guess not. ?

Well..... I may have spoke to soon. I ran across this device;
It will convert HDMI to USB. It would also require the app shown in the video. It appears to have some video delay but no stereo viewing to make the goggles.

Anyway it might be fun to play with.
~Bill

Reactions: JAW

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929