DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I update my drone??

haku.cha

Reactions
Hi all,

I just bought Mavic and it arrived today. Preflight check asked me to update firmware. In the middle of it, it said update failed. Having looked around i decided to do the update via Assistant 2. This too failed and now it says my firmware is V00.00.0000. When I try to upgrade to all available firmwares, it always fails.

4cc5bd2a3e23321a3a83cf7bfef73ecb.jpg

NOTHING works. The RC doesn't connect to drone nor does phone. My RC is fine and has been updated to latest firmware. The drone doesn't even emit wifi signal. Did/Is anyone have the problem. Any solution for this? Thank you in advance.

Suhit

Reactions: PROMOLOZO
We had another member with this problem. He ended up sending it back for an exchange. Where did you buy the drone?

The fact that you have all zeros for the firmware version typically indicates the firmware is bricked. I am really sorry to give you news like that but it is probably better than sitting around trying a million things that will not work.

The only thing left to do is to try another cable when you hook it up to DJI assistant 2 and hope that the original cable was the problem.

Rob

It could be because you are in WIFI mode instead of RC Mode. You can check by looking at the same place where your micro SD card goes in on the side of your mavic pro. If its switched to WIFI switched it to RC.

Best I got with the amount of info you gave :) Hope this is the simple solution!

What worked for me was:

Update remote controller via usb with assistant, drone off
(if fail, power cycle remote and restart assistant, until success)
Update mavic via usb with assistant, remote off
(if fail, power cycle remote and restart assistant, until success)
power down mavic, swap battery, restart assistant, connect mavic

I've also sent an email to DJI, I'm not sure how quick they are on replying back.

i have the similar situation, but my RC is V00.00.0000.. my aircraft could get upgrade... :( im waiting response from dji too

I initially had problems updating my firmware. I tried over and over, was frustrating.

Eventually i decided to shut it all down, disconnect everything, remove the sim card, go to a wide open area with to powerlines and interference around, reconnected everything, had one failure, tried again and had success.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom