DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I use an ipad mini to a Mavic Air 2

Absolutely! I use an iPad mini 5th gen and it works perfectly. There are lots of different mounts for them from a small clip that easily attaches to the slide up antenna to a larger wrap-around style which gives more adjustability, but takes a minute or two to put on and is larger to carry. In either case, the iPad mini seems almost made for this controller.

Hello from the Crossroads of America Bmur.

I used to use a mini4 before I purchased a Tripltek tablet.

I was starting to get a CPU overload type of message after a recent update of the Fly App.

I had no performance issues with it and it worked fine, just wanted a brighter screen.

An ipad mini 3 or earlier model may struggle with the App. ?

This is the adapter I purchased when I used the mini4 with my MA2.

Welcome to the Forum. ?

Reactions: careless
In either case, the iPad mini seems almost made for this controller.

I agree.

I started using a mini4 when I was flying the Spark which uses a different remote configuration.

The mini4 would actually fit in the arms of the controller. Not too many tablets could do that.

Reactions: TerKelDing
Mini 4 is compatible but it suffers from cpu overload ..use v5 mini

Reactions: MA2 317
Lots of discussions on these forums regarding what tablet to use with the MA2.

After having used a few different ones, my PERSONAL experience is the Mini 5 is the way to go. I use it on both my MA2 and on my Mini.

You'll not regret it!

Stay safe,

I had the same question. The iPad mini 5 has been ordered. I already have the DJI iPad holder for my Generation 5 - 9.7" iPad. That iPad kept getting the CPU overload message. I am hoping the iPad mini gen 5 fixes that.

Reactions: NDWildBill
I use the same adapter and it works very good.

Yes, the only problem you may have is seeing the screen in bright sun

I am thinking about getting one as well. I use the 7.85 Ultra bright Crystlesky for all my drones that is compatible with it. The Air2s is not so, I will need an alternative. From what I have read the Tripltek is a contender

I have both styles holders for my mini 4 tablet. Prefer the wraparound style for stability but takes a few seconds longer to install and blocks the sticks. Doesn't bother me. Needs a little longer cable for either. USB-C to iOS from Amazon
6C0923EA-FBE8-4589-A5E5-5536EA19F678.png

This is the cable from the Tripltek to the air 2 controler??

Just a heads up...

The Tripltek comes with a short USBC-USBC connector with straight ends.

Use that in addition to the stock connector.

I know it's a link in the chain, but the Tripltek tablet is thick and does not accommodate right angled plugs very well.

I was using a 3 foot USBC cable with straight ends, but found the adapter works fine after reading about here in the Forum.

Reactions: Capt KO

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d