DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can it be possible to have zero throttle and still move forward?

I am studying the flight record of the last flight on Phantomhelp.com

According to the throttle position there is ZERO throttle input but still it is moving forward at 8.2m/hr. It was in Sport mode at the time.

Log is here: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

13min 14.6 sec

Thanks.

Hi deonholt. Are you saying you didn’t add throttle, because zero throttle should be motors stopped. If your throttle was at minimum setting and you had the right stick (assuming mode2 setup on the controller) then the drone would still move forward. The other possibility would be a tail wind, because in sport mode you no longer are flying with gps position hold assistance and a tail wind would cause the drone to drift with the wind.
Hope this helps.
Denis

Reactions: Guarf and fificap

According to the throttle position there is ZERO throttle input but still it is moving forward at 8.2m/hr. It was in Sport mode at the time.
13min 14.6 sec
1. From 13:07.6 - 13:19.2 you had both joysticks centred
2. The drone's speed for that time was zero
3. The throttle is the left joystick.
It moves the drone up and down, not forward and back.
The other possibility would be a tail wind, because in sport mode you no longer are flying with gps position hold assistance and a tail wind would cause the drone to drift with the wind.
Correction: In Sport Mode your drone still has full GPS position holding and does not drift with the wind.

1. From 13:07.6 - 13:19.2 you had both joysticks centred
2. The drone's speed for that time was zero
3. The throttle is the left joystick.
It moves the drone up and down, not forward and back.

Correction: In Sport Mode your drone still has full GPS position holding and does not drift with the wind.
Thanks for correcting my error Meta4. Was relating sport mode to atti mode on the P3s. Just stuck my nose in the MM manual and you’re absolutely right.??

Reactions: Gindra

13min 14.6 sec

Thanks.
Elevator is what moves the drone forward and back. Throttle is for height. Aileron is for side to side and rudder is for turning right and left.

Reactions: Gindra
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock