DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can litchi and dji go reside in same tablet ok?

Pointbob

Reactions
Hi

Is it ok to keep both flying apps on same tablet or do I have to choose just one?

I use both. If I open with one and then switch to the other, I always clear the first app from memory before opening the other app. I normally will start up in GO to check everything is in order, then close out GO, clear it from memory, then open Litchi.

Reactions: UAVNV
A better answer is *probably* - with my Samsung S5 (phone) you can't have both installed or neither will connect.
It isn't a matter of fully disconnecting and selecting the other app.
I wouldn't be surprised if some tablets have this issue too.

Having the app on a device and the app running are different things. And, 'closing' an app does not, at least in IOS, stop it from running. Best to stop one from running before using the other. No idea how that is done on g5s.

Having the app on a device and the app running are different things. And, 'closing' an app does not, at least in IOS, stop it from running. Best to stop one from running before using the other. No idea how that is done on g5s.
I think most know how to force close apps on iOS nowadays. The process to close apps is not much different between iOS and Android, and I use both.

Personally, I kill all apps before running Go4. If I will be using Litchi I close all apps, load Go4, wait for home point to be set, close Go4, then launch Litchi.

Mike

Why do you load Go4 first?
First and foremost, I want Go4 to verify the Mavic is "Ready to Go (GPS)." I also want Go4 to make any other checks and set the home point (home point is recorded in the aircraft). I want DJI's own software to do this. Once done I kill Go4 and load Litchi.

I only use Litchi for waypoint missions--nothing else.

Mike

That is of course your choice. I have conducted approximately Litchi 100 missions without major complications. With that said, Litchi is a powerful app. Missions should be planned very carefully. Potential users should carefully read the Litchi user manual. IMHO, pilot error is the primary cause drone related mishaps. Inexperienced pilots should definitely avoid using Litchi until they have a complete understanding of drone features and limitations. The same can be said for DJI Go.
Just my 2 cents.

If you have Litchi and the Go app on the same device make sure to force stop the one when using the other.
Having a tablet with a least 3 gigs of ram may be needed. My Samsung E tablet has 1.5 gigs of ram and after Litchi upgraded I could not use it anymore. I could not even revert to the earlier version.

Once you do a few Litchi waypoint missions you will be hooked.
Use google earth to find out the altitude of the terrain and where they may be tall trees.

Hi

Is it ok to keep both flying apps on same tablet or do I have to choose just one?

With IOS yes but android mostly no. I quit using androids, phones and tablets as they could never figure out which app was really the default and would constantly cause disconnects or no connect. The only way my androids would work was to install only litchi on one and only djigo on the other. This was samsung g5, core, and several samsung and LG tablets - all the same issues. Once I switched to the mini2 I can safely run both without any issues. (and I hate apple products)

First and foremost, I want Go4 to verify the Mavic is "Ready to Go (GPS)." I also want Go4 to make any other checks and set the home point (home point is recorded in the aircraft). I want DJI's own software to do this. Once done I kill Go4 and load Litchi.

I only use Litchi for waypoint missions--nothing else.

Mike
Homepoint is set by the drone itself, not the app of any type.
The app is only giving the pilot the status of the dji software in their drone.

I use all three apps (DJI GO, DJI GO 4, and LITCHI on my Samsung S6. It is a pain. With the Android OS, you have to make sure none of those three programs is set as the "Default" program to launch when you plug the USB cable from the RC into the S6. Each program makes itself the "Default" program when you run it. So you have to go into Setup->Applications, and make sure none of those three programs is set as "Default". Then, when I plug the USB cable in, a menu pops up and asks which program I want to run, DJI GO, DJI GO 4, or LITCHI. Then I select the one I want, and it works every time. Quite a bit of hoops to go through. I also have an iPad 2 with the same three programs, that doesn't have this problem, but its CPU is so slow, the video constantly breaks up while flying, so I don't even bother to use it anymore.

as of now the latest of these apps will not work if the other is installed. neither app will connect to ac when both are installed (at least on my android phone). they both work fine on their own but if you install the other even if you never run it there will be no connection.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato