DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can Litchi waypoints be set with LAT/LON coordinates?

Haven't figured out how to PM the KML file to you for review. Any pointers?
Haven't figured out how to PM the KML file to you for review. Any pointers?
Click on the person, start conversation, at the bottom of the dialogue box you will see "Attach File"

As far as taking a photo AND continuing filming you may have to add 3 actions to the point you want to shoot assuming you starting filming on takeoff or waypoint 1. (try it on a quick practice run first) You will have to combine all of the video clips in the end. OR if you are shooting in high quality it is east to take screen shots on your computer.

start stop.png

Click on the person, start conversation, at the bottom of the dialogue box you will see "Attach File"

As far as taking a photo AND continuing filming you may have to add 3 actions to the point you want to shoot assuming you starting filming on takeoff or waypoint 1. (try it on a quick practice run first) You will have to combine all of the video clips in the end. OR if you are shooting in high quality it is east to take screen shots on your computer.

View attachment 56456

Just tried PMing the KML file to you but get the message:

CANCEL
Digmor GPS Locations_3Dpath.kml
The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

View attachment 56456

Got it. I usually shoot in 2.7K for the economy of storage. BTW, trying to attach my KML file to a PM to you gets this:

CANCEL
Digmor GPS Locations_3Dpath.kml

Just change the extention to something like .txt and I can rename it to .kml . Strange that .kml files are disallowed. They are fairly benign.

Here I go again:

And this is what I'm getting with a txt extension or not:

CANCEL
Digmor GPS Locations-12-21-2018_3Dpath (1).kml

CANCEL
Digmor GPS Locations-12-21-2018_3Dpath.txt.kml

The KML extension keeps being added. I don't understand how yours works anbd mine fails/

I tried to upload a .kml file as well and no go. Its prohibited.
I just double click on the .kml file and then highlight everything to the right of the period. and then just type txt. You may want to clear your internet cache of this page by holding the CTRL key and then refreshing the page. You can do a CTRL-F5 as well. This is for Chrome only as far as I know.

I tried to upload a .kml file as well and no go. Its prohibited.
I just double click on the .kml file and then highlight everything to the right of the period. and then just type txt. You may want to clear your internet cache of this page by holding the CTRL key and then refreshing the page. You can do a CTRL-F5 as well. This is for Chrome only as far as I know.

I'll try that, but also just uploaded the kml file to google drive. As soon as I can figure out how to provide a link I'll forward that to you.

Go the other way with it. Open Lichti Mission Hub.
View the Video below on Youtube so it will be clearer.
Follow the video I posted.

Then once you are finished you can pre fly the Mission using Lichti Virtual Mission or VLM within Google Earth.

I was trying to download Litchi VLM and had to establish a DropBox account where the zipped file downloaded to. But can't get it to open with my 32 bit Win Pro7 desktop. Might have to wait until later next week when my 64 bit win 10 machine comes in.

Yet another Virtual Litchi Mission (Google Chrome Extension)
There's a version of VLM that runs in Chrome. Maybe that would work for you. You don't need a Dropbox account to download anything from Dropbox. You can download to your PC locally.
Yet another Virtual Litchi Mission (Google Chrome Extension)
There's a version of VLM that runs in Chrome. Maybe that would work for you. You don't need a Dropbox account to download anything from Dropbox. You can download to your PC locally.

Thanks for the tip! I'm just now doing a couple of test missions that I've loaded into Google Earth that seem to look good. I want to compare with the VLM ap which I wasn't successful getting to load from DropBox. Installing kept giving the message "Cannot preview exe file", or something to that effect.

Reactions: Wrinkle249
Thanks for the tip! I'm just now doing a couple of test missions that I've loaded into Google Earth that seem to look good. I want to compare with the VLM ap which I wasn't successful getting to load from DropBox. Installing kept giving the message "Cannot preview exe file", or something to that effect.
Check that video I posted in the PM. Basically what you will see with the VLM

Check that video I posted in the PM. Basically what you will see with the VLM

Just completed my first test flight here at the shop over to the preserve area adjacent as the first waypoint, then over to our flying field a little over a mile away as the second, and back to home. It was starting to get windy with the first rain front coming in, so I lucked out, just beating the first drops! The 12 minute mission went perfectly and I recorded it.

Weather up the mountain was getting bad this morning so I decided to scrub my planned trip up to the mine. I'll make it up later next week once the rain quits and the ground starts to dry out. But i have complete confidence in planning a mission in Mission Hub, then loading into Litchi now, thanks to you, BDOG and others who've pointed me on the right path.

Thanks to all, and have a good holiday week.

Reactions: Wrinkle249
Just completed my first test flight here at the shop over to the preserve area adjacent as the first waypoint, then over to our flying field a little over a mile away as the second, and back to home. It was starting to get windy with the first rain front coming in, so I lucked out, just beating the first drops! The 12 minute mission went perfectly and I recorded it.

Weather up the mountain was getting bad this morning so I decided to scrub my planned trip up to the mine. I'll make it up later next week once the rain quits and the ground starts to dry out. But i have complete confidence in planning a mission in Mission Hub, then loading into Litchi now, thanks to you, BDOG and others who've pointed me on the right path.

Thanks to all, and have a good holiday week.

I should point out something that has been covered in other posts and threads: You must be logged into Litchi when trying to load a Mission Hub file into Litchi. That one threw me for a while before I researched the problem and found the solution!

Yes, but you can load the Mission while connected to ones home WiFi and it will download to the device so that one does not have to worry about using a cellular data connection out in the field. Now if you want to load another mission besides the primary mission well then of course one needs internet connectivity if the mission was created via the Mission Hub.

Did you loose connectivity during the mission?

I was using the Itelite NanoSync antenna and saw that video and controller strengths looked good until I was about 2500' out and 150' altitude. I have trees near between my shop and the farthest waypoint so that was likely a factor. When I neared the farthest point (about 5600') I had lost the controller but video was still fairly good though the strength was down to about 10%, the controller was zero until I got back to around the 3000' point on the way back.

I'll massage the video and post it a little later this morning.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark