DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

can Mavic air make 300dpi or more for a billboard

How big of a billboard do you want?

Straight off the bat I can't imagine any billboard needing 300DPI. You could be looking at 1/10th of that or less depending on the viewing distance.

At 30dpi you're looking at a native 3.4m by 2.6m.

Can my Mavic Air 12 mp camera be used for a billboard needing minimum 300dpi?
Billboards aren't printed at 300 DPI.

A 4000x3000 pixel camera (12MP) prints 13.3x10 inches at 300 pixels per inch.
300 dots per inch is subtly different and is often quoted out of context by people who don't know where it comes from (it was the "gold standard" for half tone screens in the printing industry). I'd encourage people to take a sample picture and resize it to fewer and fewer pixels per inch, printing each version, and see when looks pixelated.
That's not the only thing. If you blow the image up enough and aren't limited by pixels eventually you exhaust the detail that the lens got into the image.

After some point making the picture twice as big means you look at it from further away, if you don't see quality failings in a 20x30 inch print, you'll be standing so much further back from a billboard you won't see them there either. People will tolerate a lower quality when the content is outstanding. And you can shoot multiple frames and stack for super-resolution.

Can my Mavic Air 12 mp camera be used for a billboard needing minimum 300dpi?
DPI is a printer spec. It’s how many printed dots per inch. This has nothing to do with a digital image. Any image can be printed at any DPI no matter how large the image is because one digital pixel can be represented by any number of dots on a paper.

The governing spec here is the eye’s fundamental ability to resolve image detail. For the average person, it is 1 minute of angle. detail closer together Than 1 minute can not be fully seen. This geometry can be used to determine what is needed for a given viewing situation.

How big of a billboard do you want?

Straight off the bat I can't imagine any billboard needing 300DPI. You could be looking at 1/10th of that or less depending on the viewing distance.

At 30dpi you're looking at a native 3.4m by 2.6m.
Yeah your viewing it from super far away Not looking at them inches away. Zero need for 300dpi

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada